Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What was/is your best or worst experience/moment with a teacher whilst at school ?

The best teacher was in design technology for me, he always helped me with my work. He wouldn't do it for me but instead explained and made me understand in small processes from beginning to end what was required.

My worst was with a PE teacher in primary school, he would make us take part in lesson even if we forgot to bring our shorts. We would have to do gymnastics in our underwear.

v

ReputationRep:
    Well one of the best was one who would overwhealm us with his genius. He would throw us in the deep end of a topic always, then stretch us. Then he would tell us how to do the question.

Others include people who can parry phrases with teh students, and not being too rigid. In that way, the students will resent him/her.

ReputationRep:
    haha. I had this teacher called low ai kiew... and if you pronounce it out loud it sounds like- low i.q

So she made us called her mrs low (pronounced as lao) for low rhymes with cow. gee.

ReputationRep:
    I was late once becuase I was at the principal's office finding out i had won an award (for sport, sadly). So i happily bounded into the classroom and apologised furiously, the teacher told me to "get outside" and came out and told me off, she kept telling me to "get that look off my face" and im like "what look?".. So annoying! Especially since as she kept telling me to 'get the loook off my face' it did not help that i did actually start to laugh.

ReputationRep:
    A teacher in primary school once slammed a desk lid on my elbow :mad:
    xox

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kindersurprise)
    A teacher in primary school once slammed a desk lid on my elbow :mad:
    xox
    any particular reasons why he did that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    any particular reasons why he did that?
    I think she got annoyed cuz we were told to sit still and i delibortaely lifted the desk lid up.
    She still shouldnt have done it tho!
    I was like only 8.
    xox

ReputationRep:
    I think she got annoyed cuz we were told to sit still and i delibortaely lifted the desk lid up.
    She still shouldnt have done it tho!
    I was like only 8.
    xox
    poor lil kindersurprise thats child abuse, she should get slapped for that

ReputationRep:
    worst teacher has to be the one who wud write the question on the board work through it and then would rub off the final answer and tell us to work it out for ourselves...GCSE Maths!! lol...then for mocks, he'd bring the paper into class, and go through each question step by step, changing the numbers! so we wouldnt know what was coming up!! LOGIC!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    poor lil kindersurprise thats child abuse, she should get slapped for that
    I know!
    I had a bruise for ages after that
    And i was eight, so noone could kiss it better, or that would have been child abuse also lol
    xox

ReputationRep:
    I know!
    I had a bruise for ages after that
    And i was eight, so noone could kiss it better, or that would have been child abuse also lol
    xox
    PC gone mad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    PC gone mad!
    God damned political correctness! lol
    xox

ReputationRep:
    The funniest experience ever. This is worth reading through.
    In year 9 I arrived early at my Latin lesson and I was sitting on top of the lockers in the classroom (I'm like a cat, I like to be in high places) having a chat. My teacher, Mrs. Fotheringham, came in and said "What are you doing? Get down off those lockers this moment!". So I started to get down, and she said "Actually, no. If you like it so much up there, you can stay there for the rest of the lesson". So I stayed. She then said "What do you think you're doing? Get off the lockers and sit in your seat!". So went to sit down and she said "Get out of my classroom!" so I walked towards the door, at which point she shouted "Where do you think you're going? Get back to your seat!".
    Unbelievable, eh?

ReputationRep:
    My best experience was calling me english teacher a 'wog'. Luckily he knew it was only a joke and meant in the nicest possible way, he was my favourite teacher and used to let me us his email system to send emails to staff. I sent one saying this teacher fancies so and so.

Luckily the head never found out otherwise we would have all been in serious trouble over it. He was a great a teacher though. His name was Mr Aeodeji.

ReputationRep:
    One of the best teaches was in year 6, she used to play music during lessons and stand on tables and stuff...

My DT teacher was great in year7, 8 and 9 he was funny and just laughed when I accidently (sp) hammered a piece of wood to the table, then everyone else started doing it and then he started to get fed up...

I've had quite a few funny teachers which are the best ones, the worst are the ones who don't actually teach you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by villarde)
    What was/is your best or worst experience/moment with a teacher whilst at school ?
    Worst: getting roasted by the head in the middle of the hall for having a fight.

Best: performing a duet with the fittest teacher on stage.

ReputationRep:
    My psychology teacher. She is awful...ARGGGHHHHHHH - She is capable of managing to spend a whole lesson filing her nails and talking about whether she should buy a pink or black skirt for her friends wedding in America. Lovely - especially as her dress sense hasn't improved, and the exams are drawing closer.

ReputationRep:
    Best teacher was in sixth form - she was akways helpful with work and a great laugh.

Worst - in high school my maths teacher the whole class hated him - such a smug ------------

ReputationRep:
    my german GCSE teacher had to be one of the funniest people ever- he was obsessed by the spice girls would do dances and handstands in our lessons, would make people wear this random afro wig and go and ask other teachers for things wearing it and one lesson made all the class hold hands in a circle so we could send electric shocks round the circle with this thing taken from a lighter. Also had a brilliant biology teacher who was gay and would come clubbing with us, turned up to the biology field trip with alcohol and cigarettes for everyone and sat in the tent with us while we were all getting stoned and passing poppers round. Those were the days .......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by villarde)

The best teacher was in design technology for me, he always helped me with my work. He wouldn't do it for me but instead explained and made me understand in small processes from beginning to end what was required.

My worst was with a PE teacher in primary school, he would make us take part in lesson even if we forgot to bring our shorts. We would have to do gymnastics in our underwear.

v
    Dude we didnt even have PE kits in our primary school, it was all in our underwear. Talking about Technology, i once had a DT teacher, who i never did work for and he'd always give me As, why? Because he used to always say i know people like you, theyre intelligant but they cant be bothered to work...guess who my favourite teacher was in year 7?!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.