The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
suspicious_fish
The funniest experience ever. This is worth reading through.
In year 9 I arrived early at my Latin lesson and I was sitting on top of the lockers in the classroom (I'm like a cat, I like to be in high places) having a chat. My teacher, Mrs. Fotheringham, came in and said "What are you doing? Get down off those lockers this moment!". So I started to get down, and she said "Actually, no. If you like it so much up there, you can stay there for the rest of the lesson". So I stayed. She then said "What do you think you're doing? Get off the lockers and sit in your seat!". So went to sit down and she said "Get out of my classroom!" so I walked towards the door, at which point she shouted "Where do you think you're going? Get back to your seat!".
Unbelievable, eh?

Thats a funny story. LOL :smile:
Make your god damn mind up woman !!!!
hehehehe :smile:
*is quietly making mental notes on how to be a good teacher*

Keep going guys, this is good... What are the biggest "don'ts" in your respective opinions? I know what I liked/disliked about my teachers but it's proving very useful to get other's points of view!!

(IMO the ones who stuck rigidly to the rules were the worst - I didn't mind discipline but there was such a thing as being petty)
My favourite teachers are my cureent Media and English teacher, and my Classics and Politics teacher (who also taught me History and Business Studies at GCSE). They don't just teach their subject and be done with; they actually help in other areas, like one told me how to cope with not be able to write an essay in another subject, the other helped me sort out my GCSE revision. They also talk to you like a friend, and seem to care for my (and others') wellbeing. Their lessons are really fun too.

My Year 4 teacher was pure evil though.
My best was my history teacher, he gave me loads of support and praise and convinced me I could do well at GCSE (and I did).

My worst is also that same teacher, paradoxically. I was beaten by one of his friends (I was walking about drunk, on my way home, had no idea he knew my teacher). He just grabbed me from behind, hit me on the head with a baseball bat, pinned me up and said he was going to chuck me in the lake below us, behind a wall. He asked me what school I went to, said he knew my teacher. Anyway, someone in a car who saw him hitting me (he hit my legs too when I tried to run) phoned the police and took me home, said the man was very sorry, he didn't know what happened.

Anyway, that Monday back at school, in history where the teacher was usually nice to me he just said right at the start I want to see you after the lesson, you know what it's about. I was nervous then after class he said 'oh, my friend is very sorry...you're not pressing charges are you'. Not worried about me. I don't know if I should have expected it but I felt...bad.
Reply 24
ThornsnRoses
Dude we didnt even have PE kits in our primary school, it was all in our underwear. Talking about Technology, i once had a DT teacher, who i never did work for and he'd always give me As, why? Because he used to always say i know people like you, theyre intelligant but they cant be bothered to work...guess who my favourite teacher was in year 7?!

Damn i wish i had teachers like that ! :mad:
Oh well I don't regret chillin at the back of german lessons chewin up peices of paper and makin small balls out of them to blow them through a straw at the loosers.....
HEHEHEHE sorry..... Please forgive me... hehehe
Reply 25
MadNatSci
*is quietly making mental notes on how to be a good teacher*

ssshhhhh !!!
Good feedback !!
LOL :smile:
Reply 26
villarde
What was/is your best or worst experience/moment with a teacher whilst at school ?

The best teacher was in design technology for me, he always helped me with my work. He wouldn't do it for me but instead explained and made me understand in small processes from beginning to end what was required.

My worst was with a PE teacher in primary school, he would make us take part in lesson even if we forgot to bring our shorts. We would have to do gymnastics in our underwear. :frown:

v :smile:

Grade 6, teacher was the first one who recognised intelligence in the form of passive nature within my class. Strange, but I'll never forget it. Hasn't happened since either, but I make a point of looking for it in my work thanks to my teacher.
None of my teachers were particularly good at teaching but the worst one was probably the maths teacher. She'd lose control of the class and end up lecturing us for the whole lesson instead. Her nickname was chimp because she looked exactly like one, dressed up in M&S. Anyway she started one A level lesson by saying ''So class, today I'm going to do something I've never done before, in 20 years of my time at this school..'' I muttered ''Oooh she's gonna teach us today!'' super-quietly under my breath to my best friend next to me who promptly burst out laughing. Unfortunately chimp heard what I'd said and sent me to the headmaster to ''justify my actions!'' He actually found the whole thing hilarious-he told me he'd been having complaints about her for a while and that he wouldn't screw her for a pint of Guinness! I had to go back in and soberly say sorry to her, trying to keep a straight face through the lesson though was the longest day of my life!
Wait, the worst teacher was a Business Studies 'teacher' covering someone's maternity leave..

He could not teach at all; one lesson he gave us a list of companies to write down (it was a long list), then told us that all of them were owned by Unilever. Then it was the end of the lesson. Utter pointlessness.

He was a bit of a perv too.. He told the year13s that he hadn't marked their essays because he was 'too busy staring at their legs'. Ew.

He had bad breath too.
Reply 29
Hayley...
Wait, the worst teacher was a Business Studies 'teacher' covering someone's maternity leave..

He could not teach at all; one lesson he gave us a list of companies to write down (it was a long list), then told us that all of them were owned by Unilever. Then it was the end of the lesson. Utter pointlessness.

He was a bit of a perv too.. He told the year13s that he hadn't marked their essays because he was 'too busy staring at their legs'. Ew.

He had bad breath too.

EEERRRRR Mank !!!

Sounds similar to my chemistry teacher i had. He'd rub himself against the tables in the labs by the girls and never teach anything... So one day we got our revenge and put iodine on the table corner... Heheheh Predictable teacher gave us a great laughing story for the rest of the week !!! We had mutated fish too the amount of shit that went into that tank !!!

V :smile: