Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

Just wondering who is starting their first year of Occupational Therapy at Coventry in September? Would be nice to get acquainted with some people prior to the start of the course.

Shiv x

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, I am!

Here's a Facebook group for anyone starting OT this year! There's quite a few Coventry people in the group!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/5053...65351/?fref=ts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amphictyonis)
    Hello!

Just wondering who is starting their first year of Occupational Therapy at Coventry in September? Would be nice to get acquainted with some people prior to the start of the course.

Shiv x
    Haii, I'm hopefully starting in September .. I handed in my results I'm just waiting to hear off them . I'm 23 😁

ReputationRep:
    I am happy to say my UCAS status has changed from conditional to unconditional offer for Coventry University so I will be starting an Occupational Therapy degree this September . I am a mature student but lets not go there lol although I understand Coventry University welcomes mature students.

It only took me 2 years to get to this point as I got rejected across the board last year. Its been worth the wait as whilst waiting to reapply it enabled me to obtain voluntary experience and gain credits studying distance learning courses all within the related field of occupational therapy. Studying, in particular, has allowed me to practice writing assignments in readiness for the degree as been out of education for 15 years.

It's been hard work and a lot of sacrifices made along the way to get to this point not to mention the amount of gruelling interview assessment days I've had to attend last year and this year as part of the application process. My advice to anyone wanting to do a degree, particularly one which is a popular program with limited places, is to grab the opportunity with both hands if an unconditional offer is presented to you and appreciate the potential opportunities that offer could provide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delilah41)
    I am happy to say my UCAS status has changed from conditional to unconditional offer for Coventry University so I will be starting an Occupational Therapy degree this September . I am a mature student but lets not go there lol although I understand Coventry University welcomes mature students.

It only took me 2 years to get to this point as I got rejected across the board last year. Its been worth the wait as whilst waiting to reapply it enabled me to obtain voluntary experience and gain credits studying distance learning courses all within the related field of occupational therapy. Studying, in particular, has allowed me to practice writing assignments in readiness for the degree as been out of education for 15 years.

It's been hard work and a lot of sacrifices made along the way to get to this point not to mention the amount of gruelling interview assessment days I've had to attend last year and this year as part of the application process. My advice to anyone wanting to do a degree, particularly one which is a popular program with limited places, is to grab the opportunity with both hands if an unconditional offer is presented to you and appreciate the potential opportunities that offer could provide.
    I'm a mature student too I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one! I look forward to meeting you in Sept.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.