The Student Room Group

Is the competition for IT Support jobs vicious?

or isit relatively easy to get into? I can only imagine every tom dick and harry wants to work in a comfy office on a computer and play it safe so assume tge competition is at a high.I ask as I've always lingered around a career in IT support.. would like to get an entry job and learn and work my way up. possibly even go into Cisco network engineering or server support etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ana81
or isit relatively easy to get into? I can only imagine every tom dick and harry wants to work in a comfy office on a computer and play it safe so assume tge competition is at a high.I ask as I've always lingered around a career in IT support.. would like to get an entry job and learn and work my way up. possibly even go into Cisco network engineering or server support etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

The entirety of IT is a vicious playground, it's possible, you'll just need to keep applying or entry level jobs

Regards to going up to an Engineer, it's possible if you have the motivation for IT.
Reply 2
It's possible. I got an IT position with no IT qualifications, although my background is in engineering. I just applied to a recruiter, my resume got looked at, had interview, and got the role.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending