Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning to university in London and really wanted a part time job. Thing is I have never had a job in my life the area in from is so tiny that people have to go other close towns to get jobs! Doing that would mean wasting time and money on train which I didn't want to do during college.

So I was wondering

Is it easier to get job in London?
    I don't have no work experience but I worked with a website to translate videos. Also I was part of this group that did research and stuff outside college for NHS

What tips would you give me?

How can I improve my CV?

Would I be rejected for not having work experience?

What are university jobs? Can most people get them?

Thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As a uni student, you could try being a personal tutor for a few hours a week. You could even get paid like £20 an hour - so If you worked 4 hours a week tha would be £80 a week which is very decent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same boat! There are loads of jobs available for students in London I've been told to start applying as soon as my place is confirmed and in the first week to go around bars and cafés and tell them I'm a student. The student unions usually have 0 hour contracts available too. You just really have to sell yourself in your CV and in interviews!

The great thing about being a student in London is that there will always be work, you just have to look for it

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.