The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It's simple, don't have sex with any female ever.
Reply 2
False accusations are the extreme minority of rape cases.

It's like saying, look at all these planes going missing/crashing this week, don't EVER fly again, it's not safe.

If men weren't such pigs then maybe it would be easier to tell.
(edited 9 years ago)
I think that any woman that's found to have made a false accusation of rape in a vindictive and malicious manner should be sentenced to a prison sentence that's twice as long as the potential sentence for the accused.
Well I'm not saying men deserve it but the way some men behave they are inviting accusations of rape.

There are ways that you can protect yourself from being accused of rape: ie, don't act creepy, don't be persistent with women that are obviously not interested in you, don't go round making loud rape banter jokes as though its a theme you think its funny because then other people will become suspicious.

Sometimes men that get accused have to accept at least some of the blame for the way they behave.
Original post by MagicNMedicine
Well I'm not saying men deserve it but the way some men behave they are inviting accusations of rape.

There are ways that you can protect yourself from being accused of rape: ie, don't act creepy, don't be persistent with women that are obviously not interested in you, don't go round making loud rape banter jokes as though its a theme you think its funny because then other people will become suspicious.

Sometimes men that get accused have to accept at least some of the blame for the way they behave.

So we can also apply this logic to rape victims yes? For example, we could say that the victim shares some of the blame because of the way they dressed?

Of course, the above suggestion is ridiculous, but that is what your post implies. False rape accusations are very serious, and should be met with suitable punishment.

Do I hear victim blaming?
Original post by Harvey Dent
I think that any woman that's found to have made a false accusation of rape in a vindictive and malicious manner should be sentenced to a prison sentence that's twice as long as the potential sentence for the accused.

this.

lol theres nothing you can do to protect yourself from a crazy woman that wants to put you in jail for no reason.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ChickenMadness

lol theres nothing you can do to protect yourself from a crazy woman that wants to put you in jail for no reason.

Avoid being in that situation in the first place?

Don't have sex with her there's a helpful start.

Problem with too many men is they can't keep their dicks in their pants, as soon as there's the slightest offer of sex on the table they go rushing for it regardless of teh consequences or risks to themselves.

And don't get wasted on alcohol so you are unable to make clear decisions about the situation that you are in.

How many of these 'false rapes' were situations where the man had been slagging it up desperate for sex and was smashed off his face and so easy to take advantage of.

Problem with too many men is they can't keep their dicks in their pants, as soon as there's the slightest offer of sex on the table they go rushing for it regardless of teh consequences or risks to themselves.

And don't get wasted on alcohol so you are unable to make clear decisions about the situation that you are in.

How many of these 'false rapes' were situations where the man had been slagging it up desperate for sex and was smashed off his face and so easy to take advantage of.

Well not all of us want to live life alone. I want to get married and have kids some day. Might come across a crazy that abuses her unequal rights over me lmao.

Btw your whole reply is just based on assumptions.
(edited 9 years ago)
False rape accusations almost never result in a jail sentence and they're always found out. But most rapists walk free because of the same reason, lack of evidence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
False rape accusations almost never result in a jail sentence and they're always found out. But most rapists walk free because of the same reason, lack of evidence.

Posted from TSR Mobile

people have been kicked off uni courses because of false rape accusations though. been beaten up etc.
people have been kicked off uni courses because of false rape accusations though. been beaten up etc.

Yes I agree that a false rape accusation should carry a sizable sentence but tbh when most people find out the accusation is false and the girl was lying, she'd be the one ostracised by the community for being a liar not him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds like victim blaming to me. Would you also say to rape victims it's their fault because they were drunk?

Posted from TSR Mobile

How can you know that? If the false rape accusations succeed the person will be in jail and no-one will ever know. Similarly there's no way of knowing if most rapists walk free, because for all we know they were innocent.
Yes I agree that a false rape accusation should carry a sizable sentence but tbh when most people find out the accusation is false and the girl was lying, she'd be the one ostracised by the community for being a liar not him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have never heard of one being kicked off their uni course for lying though.
Original post by tengentoppa
Sounds like victim blaming to me. Would you also say to rape victims it's their fault because they were drunk?

How can you know that? If the false rape accusations succeed the person will be in jail and no-one will ever know. Similarly there's no way of knowing if most rapists walk free, because for all we know they were innocent.

this

More victim blaming? Really?
Original post by tengentoppa

Do you know how incredibly difficult it is to prove a rape? Even real rape victims can't 100% prove it themselves in a court of law, how can another woman prove something that did not happen? I'm sure there are people in jail for a false rape accusations but the number would be ridiculously small and unfortunately it's a fact of life, there are many people in jail for offences they didn't commit. That is a fault of a biased and very human justice system, this is not something to blame on the female gender.

Are you seriously suggesting that most accused rapists could actually be innocent? That most rape victims are making it up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well not all of us want to live life alone. I want to get married and have kids some day.

Most people can manage to achieve these things without putting themselves in a situation where there's a rape allegation.
Have never heard of one being kicked off their uni course for lying though.

They found out that it was a false accusation and the university still didn't take them back? Really?

And this is all hearsay too, I'm sure you're not aware of the circumstances surrounding every false accusation so you can't know the extent that the falsely accused and the liar has to go through. I would assume that if I ever knew someone or my friends knew someone who'd falsely accused someone of rape, they're definitely going to be ostracised from our circles.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That is a fault of a biased and very human justice system, this is not something to blame on the female gender.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wasn't blaming the female gender for anything.

Are you seriously suggesting that most accused rapists could actually be innocent? That most rape victims are making it up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm saying that there is no way of knowing, your guess is as good as mine. But you can't assume that most accused rapists are indeed rapists because, as you said, it is incredibly difficult to prove.

Latest