Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    soz koko hope u recover from your hangover soon gotta go out - talk l8ters
    im going to!! i get to tidy my room how fun! chat 2 u soon x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    Depends on her height.
    comp agree, you can't generalise. someone who's 5"2 will look fine as a size 8, whereas someone who's a lot taller would look awful. someone who's 6ft & size 18 would look a lot slimmer than someone who's short & size 18.

i think its better to be in between. no bones sticking out, but not too much fat either. for an average height (5"5-5"7 ish) girl our age i guess size 10-14 is the normal.
    for me (but i guess it might be diff from a guys opinion), u have to have hips of some description.i might complain about my figure regularly, but it'd be worse to be bigger at the shoulders than the hips!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    its weird how we would never do a poll like this for the size of guys. no wonder it's the girls that get eating disorders
    I'm a curvy 12 and proud of it(something that puzzles me is how my top half is an 8-10 and my bottom half a 12 :confused: )..... anyone else can ...(fill in the blank spaces yourself)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    I'm a curvy 12 and proud of it..... anyone else can ...
    a curvy 12 is nice, my girlfriend is between a 10 12

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazzYaa)
    a curvy 12 is nice, my girlfriend is between a 10 12
    so 11 then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    so 11 then
    well no: sometimes 10 sometimes 12

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kokopops)
    thanks wolfy, kick a girl when shes down!!
    "Im rich... i have 5 pounds" genius!

ReputationRep:
    ummm, am I getting old? but surely it shouldnt be how a girl looks, shouldnt it be about personality, there other qualities? Whats the saying about dont judge a book by its cover??

The most beautiful amongst us can be ugly on the inside, Im not saying size and looks dont make a difference, just that they shouldnt be the be all and end all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dil)
    "Im rich... i have 5 pounds" genius!
    lol...u remembered then? my head is throbbing! im quite ok tho and i am rich now, a friend has just told me that i drank a lot more than i though i did!

ReputationRep:
    thanks wolfy, kick a girl when shes down!!
    lol, u were more funny than making a fool of yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DevilsDoor)
    ummm, am I getting old? but surely it shouldnt be how a girl looks, shouldnt it be about personality, there other qualities? Whats the saying about dont judge a book by its cover??

The most beautiful amongst us can be ugly on the inside, Im not saying size and looks dont make a difference, just that they shouldnt be the be all and end all.
    i agree coz i dnt look at girls and go ew minger or nice hair, u get me? but i am really critical of myself, maybe even overly critical...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iiikewldude)
    lol, u were more funny than making a fool of yourself
    hehehe thank u...ur going in my sig for that!

ReputationRep:
    i agree coz i dnt look at girls and go ew minger or nice hair, u get me? but i am really critical of myself, maybe even overly critical...
    Dont think any one of us truly likes all we see when we look in the mirror, although do have to agree, we tend to be overly critical. All depends on how you take a compliment when its paid to you. What dont you like about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DevilsDoor)
    Dont think any one of us truly likes all we see when we look in the mirror, although do have to agree, we tend to be overly critical. All depends on how you take a compliment when its paid to you. What dont you like about yourself?
    er...too short, need a nose job, hate my hair, need to go down 2 7and a half stone, er, i hate my lips, my knees, my skin,
    i like my eyes tho!!

ReputationRep:
    how come when someone says something bad you remember it forever yet when someone says something nice you dismiss it? I know it's true for me

ReputationRep:
    I like abit of meat and something to hug i don't like hugging cardboard really. i like the latino look, abit of meat but tonned as well.. oh and a bit of a tan would go down well, hehe but i don't really look at the size the girl is i know many size 14's that look great, like some others have said its all about proportion really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    how come when someone says something bad you remember it forever yet when someone says something nice you dismiss it? I know it's true for me
    i no how u feel, xcept for one guy who sed my three best features were my (in this order)
    1. eyes,
    2. lips
    3. boobs...(every time i saw him after that i wore baggy tops coz i was soo embarrassed)

ReputationRep:
    er...too short, need a nose job, hate my hair, need to go down 2 7and a half stone, er, i hate my lips, my knees, my skin,
    i like my eyes tho!!

Great things come in small packages?, I bet your nose is just right, your hair will be fine, your weight will be equally fine, your lips, knees O_o, skin will all be in harmony with the rest of you.

You like your eyes thats a good start, at least you like something about yourself.

I think to much emphasis is put on how a person looks, the billboard campaigns and other such advertising can put a lot of pressure on women (especially, but men to) that they have to be a size 10/12, perfect skin, 5ft 6, shiny hair, etc etc.

Just for info, Marilyn Monroe was a size 16 and she was a success, well depending on what you call success :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    I know exactly what you mean. I came up with a quote that summarised how I felt some years ago:

"If you compliment me, I'll know you're lying."

Since then, I've grown a lot more happier and confident with myself, with self-worth rising to very high levels. I still feel like that at times though...

Too insecure. Especially emotionally.

ReputationRep:
    my nose ihas a big bump on it, my skin is ok but i dnt like it, gnna becone a fruitarian like kurdty morello so my skin will get better, as will my hair, and when these blooody highlihgts go i'll be ok with that! im gnna start going the gym every day when exams are over and do more toning for my ultimate flat stomach! lol! i got a long way to go before im happy with myself!
    oh and my lips look like theyve been botox'd, but well...

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.