(Original post by bono)
unhealthily small.
some people are naturally that small .. im a size 8 and im not skeletal
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
confidence is attractive, if a girl is happy with her body regardless of size thats a lot better than a girl who is thinner but always complaining.

*its all down to bone structure too, if you are naturally larger but lose lots of weight it can look awful. same the other way round.
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
is it possible to be 5 ft 10 and a size 8?
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by me!)
are you 5 ft 10...im 5 ft 7
presebjenada
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by me!)
wow..wouldnt have thought so!! but it must be (although maybe people like that look scaryly thin) im 5ft 8ins and size 8
kindersurprise
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Im comedy lol 5 ft 2
but im a 6/8 so im not like short AND fat lol
hehe
xox
Chocolate_Lover
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
yea i depends on height really i am 5 foot 6 and a size 8, occasionally im 10 and im 6 in the shop pilot.
i have decided to go on a healthy diet to lose the weight i put on
iiikewldude
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
most guys aren't that bothered about girls height. As long as your between 5-6ft it's not really a think guys look at. I don't think its the same for guys though - most girls don't like short guys. Am i right?

The thing i think is most important in a girl is a pretty face rather than a skinny/fit body.
me!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by iiikewldude)
most guys aren't that bothered about girls height. As long as your between 5-6ft it's not really a think guys look at. I don't think its the same for guys though - most girls don't like short guys. Am i right?

The thing i think is most important in a girl is a pretty face rather than a skinny/fit body.
Well I'm quite tall so if I go with a guy who's noticebly (sp!!!!!) shorter than me it looks a bit weird I suppose, but you can't really help who you fall for. Personality and a sense of humour goes a long way.
iiikewldude
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by me!)
Well I'm quite tall so if I go with a guy who's noticebly (sp!!!!!) shorter than me it looks a bit weird I suppose, but you can't really help who you fall for. Personality and a sense of humour goes a long way.
how tall are u, 5 10?
kokopops
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
thanks juwelly
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Oh come on, just because you're a size 8-10 doesn't make you skinny...you can still be reasonably curvy!
ThornsnRoses
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
Oh come on, just because you're a size 8-10 doesn't make you skinny...you can still be reasonably curvy!
Thank you! the world 'reasonably' can somewhat be disputed.
Mysticmin
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by deianra)
I concur. I used to be a size 6 up until two years ago and now I'm a size 8 and at times, 10. How is size 8 unhealthily small? I'll admit that 6 is, but 8 isn't small!

Although it's mainly people who are shorter than average who are size 8. But it's certainly not unhealthily small, bono dear. I hope you're not saying I look unhealthy/anorexic?

Meh. For the record, I'm 5'5", which is about average height I think (if not a bit taller than).
I'm exactly the same as deianra, though sometimes i feel fat...ahem, yeah ok so i shouldn't be feeling fat but don't you get days when you look in the mirror and think "argh...roll on the diet".

I've got to rant on about sizes as well...I'm a size six in evening dresses at debenhams and a 6/8 in FCUK but a 10 in hennes. It means I have to grab three different sizes and try each on everytime I buy stuff.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Mysticmin)
I've got to rant on about sizes as well...I'm a size six in evening dresses at debenhams and a 6/8 in FCUK but a 10 in hennes.
:eek: whys this! :rolleyes:
Mysticmin
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
:eek: whys this! :rolleyes:
Just because there's less discrepancy in men's clothing sizes. Actually i prefer the way men's clothes are sized, you at least know 27 inches is 27 inches!
username1170
Report 16 years ago

I agree that a boy prefers a pretty face to a fit body - unless we are talking an extremely unfit or extremely fit body, but I find that if a girl is alot taller than me or alot shorter than me, I probably wouldn't go out with them. I prefer them shorter than taller.

I like curves!
me!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
how tall are u, 5 10?
yep I'd prefer to be littiler, but at least my best friend is roughly the same height as me so I don't feel that tall, but I'm still tall for a girl
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by me!)
yep I'd prefer to be littiler, but at least my best friend is roughly the same height as me so I don't feel that tall, but I'm still tall for a girl
nah 5'10s ok! if someones 7 feet thatd be abit too tall for me :eek:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (243)
47.09%
Take exams next summer (70)
13.57%
Change uni choice through clearing (111)
21.51%
Apply to uni next year instead (54)
10.47%
I'm not applying to university (38)
7.36%

Watched Threads