Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm a half-Japanese, half-Anglo-Canadian girl. Ask me anything. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm a half-Japanese, half-Anglo-Canadian girl. Just finished AS levels. I'm also kind of bored, so ask whatever you want.

ReputationRep:
    This isn't a question but your username means silver in russian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moecandy)
    This isn't a question but your username means silver in russian
    I know. It's also the name of a band.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serebro)
    I'm a half-Japanese, half-Anglo-Canadian girl. Just finished AS levels. I'm also kind of bored, so ask whatever you want.
    Can you speak Japanese?
    How old are you?
    What's your favourite food?
    Do you like being mixed race?

ReputationRep:
    I love Japanese girls. Like said before can you speak Japanese? Have you ever been to Japan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jilal)
    Can you speak Japanese?
    How old are you?
    What's your favourite food?
    Do you like being mixed race?
    I used to, but I stopped speaking when I moved to the UK permanently. I'm slowly learning it again though.

I'm 17 years old.

Difficult question, but I do love Hispanic food, from Spanish Paella to Mexican Tinga.

It has its good points and bad points. It's nice to know you have a varied heritage, and it makes you stand out from the crowd. It has caused a bit of trouble back in Japan though, quite a few girls were jealous of my blue eyes. But 99% of people I've met are accepting of it, which is nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by David B)
    I love Japanese girls. Like said before can you speak Japanese? Have you ever been to Japan?
    Like I posted, my Japanese is not that good at the moment from what it used to be. Working on it though!

Yep, I was born there, went to nursery there, and I used to go there every summer to see family and attend summer school.

ReputationRep:
    Like I posted, my Japanese is not that good at the moment from what it used to be. Working on it though!

Yep, I was born there, went to nursery there, and I used to go there every summer to see family and attend summer school.
    Are you going to university? If so which one?
    Can you upload a photo of yourself with your blue eyes because that photo is too small. (Just a request, you don't actually have too)
    Favourite place in Japan?
    What's the best way to learn Japanese?
    Which of your parents are Japanese?
    What did you find harder learning English or Japanese?

ReputationRep:
    Do you like Sushi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by David B)
    Are you going to university? If so which one?
    Can you upload a photo of yourself with your blue eyes because that photo is too small. (Just a request, you don't actually have too)
    Favourite place in Japan?
    What's the best way to learn Japanese?
    Which of your parents are Japanese?
    What did you find harder learning English or Japanese?
    Yes, well I hope so! I'm not sure which one yet, perhaps Newcastle, UEA or Cardiff. I'm looking at others though too.

I will see what I can do when I get home. - I'm staying at a relatives house at the moment.

I love Hokkaido in the winter, it's freezing but there's so much snow. And the winter festival is cool.

My Dad is Japanese.

That's a good question. I am not sure. Since they were both my first languages, they came naturally to me. I think the irregularities with verbs and pronunciation hindered my English, the concept of future tenses were difficult for me to understand. By the time I got to writing age however, English was by far easier, since I didn't have to learn so many alphabets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilsz)
    Do you like Sushi
    I'm not a fan of raw fish sushi. I will eat it, but not out of choice. I prefer noodle & soup dishes as well as yakitori (barbecued chicken).

Fruit sushi however is lovely.

ReputationRep:
    What do you think of weaboos?

ReputationRep:
    How does it feel like being a downgraded anglo-saxon and an upgraded Japanese person?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    What do you think of weaboos?
    Bit strange to be fair. It's Japan, not Narnia, I don't get the extreme fascination with it. Besides, most of them are just anime fans, which is not what Japan is about at all.

Though they're not that bad personality wise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannibalBarca)
    How does it feel like being a downgraded anglo-saxon and an upgraded Japanese person?
    It's both disheartening and enchanting at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    Do people ever tell you you don't look "asian enough" or "white enough" ?

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes. I occassionally get told that i look too asian but behave too white.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you watch Anime?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Akane! Can you write kanji by hand?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't watched since I was about 12 I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.