Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do u you regret that you would not advise people to do in their life? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I regret sticking up for my friend and realise she wasn't my friend... but a person who provoked people to argue with me...

What do u regret in life???

ReputationRep:
    Letting other people dictate what I did with my life, in terms of my degree / living arrangements / finances / friendships / relationships etc., etc. :sigh: I'm much happier now that I'm following the direction I wanted to go in, in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    I believed that the relationship I was in at 16-18 was the most important thing, and even let it come first over my education. It was for the better in the end (my education), but an incredibly stupid decision, it won't be happening again and I wouldn't encourage anyone to let anything be a priority over education.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Not trying hard enough in my education

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Often I regret taking other people's advice, because sometimes they can be the wrong thing for me, so I wish I'd just let myself do things more without other people's approval, as I'd probably be more happy that way. I think now I'd rather make mistakes by following my heart and doing what I really wanted to do, than make mistakes following what other people tell me to do.

ReputationRep:
    Never fight a bully at work until you have looked at the bigger picture.

Do you have a chance to win?
    Are HR bullies themselves?
    Will there be any repercussions?

Unless you can be sure of beating the bully, then don't bother fighting. Just walk away.
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    -Tell your loved ones that you love them, and don't let the sun go down on your arguments. You never know if you're going to see them again. Life's too short.

-If you want to get a degree, it's preferable to do so before you have children. It just makes life that bit less complicated if you do things in the "right" order.

-Having said that, this one is going to totally contradict the previous statement, because there's no perfect time for anything really. So make sure you don't put things off for too long otherwise you might never do them at all.

ReputationRep:
    - believing that others will always be there for you - they're human, they won't

- putting up with abuse because you believed that you deserved it, when you didn't

- eating a whole pack of Oreos in one go....woah you're going to feel sick

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Half-arsing my way through too many exams and essays, and never bothering to revise.

ReputationRep:
    It is possible to down a liter of vodka and survive, however it isn't worth the drunken injuries to test the theory. Take it from me, don't ever try it, I have to live with this mistake for the rest of my life.

ReputationRep:
    Getting kicked out of school! Although I recovered and have done well for myself, many don't and I would advise people to do well in school and not cause too much trouble

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    Not trying hard enough in my education

Posted from TSR Mobile
    GCSEs: A*A*A*A*AAAAABB.
    AS grades: AAB (Chemistry needn't be mentioned )
    Predicted A*A*A in History, English Literature and Biology respectively. (highly unlikely)
    /debunked
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    /debunked
    :lol: I wanted better GCSEs at the time and my A level results will be dreadful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freudian Slip)
    Letting other people dictate what I did with my life, in terms of my degree / living arrangements / finances / friendships / relationships etc., etc. :sigh: I'm much happier now that I'm following the direction I wanted to go in, in the first place.
    I understand u... listen to your heart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Often I regret taking other people's advice, because sometimes they can be the wrong thing for me, so I wish I'd just let myself do things more without other people's approval, as I'd probably be more happy that way. I think now I'd rather make mistakes by following my heart and doing what I really wanted to do, than make mistakes following what other people tell me to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    :lol: I wanted better GCSEs at the time and my A level results will be dreadful.
    Did you want to apply for Medicine?

OP, I regret nothing :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sliceofcake)
    I believed that the relationship I was in at 16-18 was the most important thing, and even let it come first over my education. It was for the better in the end (my education), but an incredibly stupid decision, it won't be happening again and I wouldn't encourage anyone to let anything be a priority over education.
    Interesting...

ReputationRep:
    Some of the people above have hit the nail on the head....coasting through your teenage years will be one of the biggest regrets of your life.

To all these teenagers reading this, work hard now because, for most of us, how well you do now in these years which will largely dictate how the rest of your life plays out.

Yes, there are people out there who have turned their lives around but these people are the exception. Don't be one of those people who dossed about inside and outside of school as kids and are now living with regret because they've not achieved anything in life that they wanted to. I'm not talking solely about education either, education isn't the only way to success - wherever it is you want to go in life, now is the time to start working for it and you'll have the rest of your lives to reap the rewards.

If you think this is too much pressure or too much stress, wait until you reach adulthood and you're living a life you never wanted, you'll wish you could go back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    -Tell your loved ones that you love them, and don't let the sun go down on your arguments. You never know if you're going to see them again. Life's too short.

-If you want to get a degree, it's preferable to do so before you have children. It just makes life that bit less complicated if you do things in the "right" order.

-Having said that, this one is going to totally contradict the previous statement, because there's no perfect time for anything really. So make sure you don't put things off for too long otherwise you might never do them at all.

I like your profile pic quote...

ReputationRep:
    Not fighting back

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.