Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi. This is my first post so please bear with me.

I got a conditional offer from the University of Aberdeen to MA Geography in Septemeber. I needed I B in my final exam but unfortunately I got a C - I was 5 marks away from my requirements - I was gutted. But I got an email from UCAS (just a standard newsletter thing) saying i may be granted entry with the grade I have. So now I am trying hard to get in contact with them (to the point of going to email individual random lecturers of my course). I have sent an email to '[email protected]' with no reply and I phoned and was told to email a different address (admiss.ac.uk/admoss)? If anyone knows the email I am referring to and have it handy could you please pass it in my direction.

And also reading my situation is anyone in the same boat or have any advice or wisdom?

Thanks so much!

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I have finished an HNC too. I had a conditional of an A in my HNC for MA History and was worried that I couldn't achieve it (all my offers were As) So I started emailing universities asking them hypothetical questions about missing my offer by a few grades. Glasgow said they reject any Scot/Eu applicant who does not meet their conditions due to being oversubscribed. With Aberdeen I emailed the sras address who forwarded it to an "admission selector" for the college of Arts. The reply from Aberdeen were slightly more positive and said they couldn't say until results day. So there is hope. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeoSoph)
    Hi. This is my first post so please bear with me.

I got a conditional offer from the University of Aberdeen to MA Geography in Septemeber. I needed I B in my final exam but unfortunately I got a C - I was 5 marks away from my requirements - I was gutted. But I got an email from UCAS (just a standard newsletter thing) saying i may be granted entry with the grade I have. So now I am trying hard to get in contact with them (to the point of going to email individual random lecturers of my course). I have sent an email to '[email protected]' with no reply and I phoned and was told to email a different address (admiss.ac.uk/admoss)? If anyone knows the email I am referring to and have it handy could you please pass it in my direction.

And also reading my situation is anyone in the same boat or have any advice or wisdom?

Thanks so much!
    You should contact the concern dept directly, the key contacts as below,

http://www.abdn.ac.uk/geosciences/de...ontacts-66.php

You have to tell them about your situations, and the reasons you applied for this course.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.