Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Looking for some experiences from anyone who has done one of these alongside their degree, how they found it time-wise and whether it was useful?

Cheers!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antifazian)
    Looking for some experiences from anyone who has done one of these alongside their degree, how they found it time-wise and whether it was useful?

Cheers!
    Giving this a little bump!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antifazian)

Cheers!
    I did find it useful, and it did lead to me studying abroad briefly which was rather nice. Its a lot of work though, I did two hour sessions which were pretty intense, and I had homework to go along with them. The classes themselves were changeling and mostly conversational. And we got exams, which were not the highlight of the experience but its nice to end up with something on paper.

Overall: Useful, manageable with care but it is a lot of effort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuantumOverlord)
    I did find it useful, and it did lead to me studying abroad briefly which was rather nice. Its a lot of work though, I did two hour sessions which were pretty intense, and I had homework to go along with them. The classes themselves were changeling and mostly conversational. And we got exams, which were not the highlight of the experience but its nice to end up with something on paper.

Thanks for your input!

ReputationRep:

Did you do a lot of grammar and written work too? Or just day-to-day conversations?

Also, how much extra studying did you find yourself doing at home?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WokSz)
    Did you do a lot of grammar and written work too? Or just day-to-day conversations?

Also, how much extra studying did you find yourself doing at home?
    The homework was all written, while most of the class was conversational. Each class did introduce new grammar and vocabulary though, which was promptly used in conversation.

ReputationRep:
    The homework was all written, while most of the class was conversational. Each class did introduce new grammar and vocabulary though, which was promptly used in conversation.
    Do you have to pay for these classes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WokSz)
    Do you have to pay for these classes?
    Yes of course

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.