Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

liking two guys at the same time? Watch

Hi basically, ive been going out with this guy for quite a long time now and before I went out with him, I used to talk to another guy who has a girlfriend too but she is in another country.
    So ever since I had a boyfriend, the second guy Is making it obvious that he likes me..hes a really nice guy and everything and we met quite a few times and I tried to cut off the relationship between him and me because I dont want to feel guilty for my bf. But the second guy keeps saying that his relationship with his girl isnt going well but at the same time he doesnt wannt to leave her.
    So currently I am still talking to him but I avoid all the lovey dovey things he does for me.. without his company I feel like lonely. Like I miss him.. My bf knew that I talk to him but I feel so bad. I dont want to lose him either.. so what should I do?

ReputationRep:
    No easy answer. I would suggest you be totally honest with yourself. Truth is a significant amount of people come across this problem and what often accounts for this in my opinion is that we often like certain things about one over the other and vice versa. For instance, maybe one is funnier than the other whiles one maybe more caring. One maybe more willing to buy things for you while the other maybe more cautious about doing this... and so forth.

Now, unfortunately you clearly can't have them both. But considering you are in a relationship at the moment i would sincerely question whether you are really in one as this should not be rising but again, you are only human

What would your present boyfriend do differently to make you more interested in him? Better yet, are you happy( such a complicated word to use as it means different things) in your present relationship?

Finally, don't be to hard on yourself as you will eventually figure out what to do considering its something that bothers you. I know this doesn't help much but the core of the advice is to sit down and ask yourself some sincere questions about your feelings.

ReputationRep:
    I fancy two guys too, thought it would be easier if I kept myself more occupied doing more EC's etc so I wouldn't see them as much

And then I saw the guy of my dreams at lacrosse, feels overloaded - going to go Starbucks with him too.

Them butterflies will have to go into a cocoon nomsaying?

Such a manwhore Nate :facepalm:

Thank you for understanding my situation...

You know some people say 'if you like the second guy, leave the first guy cause if you truly loved the first guy, you wouldn't have liked the second guy.' To some extent, in the past, before this whole scenario happened, I was actually believing that but now, I dont think its true. Because I feel like the first guy (my boyfriend) is the good guy.. but at the same time im not saying the second guy is bad either.. but its such a difficult decision because they both have done so much for me and i feel so bad.. I dont know why but im more worried or concerned about the second guy more than my bf.. is that wrong? or worrying? like for example, if my bf was having a brief conversation with a girl over text or something, i wouldn't find that disturbing, as much as it would be if the second guy did... ugh i find myself so selfish

i keep telling myself 'time will solve everything' but im slowly beginning to go against that..
    but right now im gona hold onto that because the second guy is gona go on a holiday for 3 weeks soon on the other side of the world and hopefully il slowly cut ties with him...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.