The Student Room Group

According to the people on this forum, for a guy to just get an average girl..

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fat_hobbit
It's just an odd situation.

You get 2 types of pakistani girls:

1) The western ones, who club, party etc
2) The more traditional ones, who don't drink etc

Now if you are a western pakistani guy, you obviously will relate to 1) more, rather than 2).

The trouble is, the girls in category one. Their racial preferences generally are white guys.

So if you go for the girls in category 2) they will want you to give up drinking and all that balava.

So you can't win.

Either way you are ****ed and end up dating liberal white women.

Would not say it's a preference, I would say it is very often a blanket dismissal of a particular race, their own. But it does not look good does it? Not just Pakistani girls too, as ethnic minorities, who are like this. Of course, they have a right to choose. But, discriminatory views towards one's own race still falls within the definition of racism. You see it on the threads of TSR relationship forum "I am an Asian girl. Do white guys like Asian girls?", ad infinitum. Now, do you seriously think these girls are considering Asian men as partners. It may as well be a blanket dismissal. It is a bit sad really.

I think it is more likely these girls were raised in liberal households. But, ironically, end up discriminating against their own in an un-liberal manner.

That first post...what did I just read.
Original post by Tom_Ford
Would not say it's a preference, I would say it is very often a blanket dismissal of a particular race, their own. But it does not look good does it? Not just Pakistani girls too, as ethnic minorities, who are like this. Of course, they have a right to choose. But, discriminatory views towards one's own race still falls within the definition of racism. You see it on the threads of TSR relationship forum "I am an Asian girl. Do white guys like Asian girls?", ad infinitum. Now, do you seriously think these girls are considering Asian men as partners. It may as well be a blanket dismissal. It is a bit sad really.

I think it is more likely these girls were raised in liberal households. But, ironically, end up discriminating against their own in an un-liberal manner.

Yeah, people try and sweep it under the carpet. But this exists.

Like if you go to Pakistan/India even, you get skin lighting creams - one is called 'fair and lovely'.

http://www.fairandlovely.in/

Basically the blacker you are , the lower you are in the food chain.

I blame imperialism tbh
Well, you got more action then the OP, that is for sure.

OP would be lucky to hold a girl's hand at this rate.

Yes, but I didn't get it by hiding in my room bitching on the internet and going to the gym (in fact, in terms of exercise, I took up rowing which was massively sociable and is where I met my first boyfriend). I agree with your previous posts - you have to put some effort in and increase your social circle in order to be in with a shot.
Help him Sophia.

I would but..

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Helenia
Yes, but I didn't get it by hiding in my room bitching on the internet and going to the gym (in fact, in terms of exercise, I took up rowing which was massively sociable and is where I met my first boyfriend). I agree with your previous posts - you have to put some effort in and increase your social circle in order to be in with a shot.

The OP wants this in easy mode.

The reality is, most people have gotta work at getting a mate.

Getting a good body, job is half the battle. But the real battle is actually meeting girls and getting one to like you.

Numbers game.

Like if you go to Pakistan/India even, you get skin lighting creams - one is called 'fair and lovely'.

I blame imperialism tbh

Some comedy gold from that site, it's brilliant lol:

"Does your cold cream leave you looking dark in winter? Why should you have to compromise with your fairness?"

"After the age of 30, your skin changes and starts looking dull, dark and patchy with spots."

Original post by SophiaLDN
I would but..

Original post by HayleyChuu

That first post...what did I just read.

Yo girls I can't see your attachments, it says, attachements appending approval.
Yo girls I can't see your attachments, it says, attachements appending approval.

I know maynnnn. TSR ruining my fun. 'Pending' everything. :bunny:
Original post by Tom_Ford
Some comedy gold from that site, it's brilliant lol:

"Does your cold cream leave you looking dark in winter? Why should you have to compromise with your fairness?"

"After the age of 30, your skin changes and starts looking dull, dark and patchy with spots."

Yeah *******s.

I know white women like to get a tan, but you have nothing of that sort off nature in Europe.
Original post by HayleyChuu
I know maynnnn. TSR ruining my fun. 'Pending' everything. :bunny:

If it is an image from a web site, just copy and paste the hyperlink innit.

I blame imperialism tbh

It's not because of imperialism. The superiority about having lighter skin existed way before that all over parts of Asia. Princesses and antagonists in folklore and children stories have always been described as light-skinned for hundred of years. It's just another case of wanting what you don't have. For example like how blonde guys get more attention in Southern Europe or how white girls want to have tans.

Furthermore, the thing about light skin is also because of the class system. Traditionally, people of upper classes don't spend time doing labour work under the sun, so having lighter skin is considered to be aristocratic. This is still true to this day. I'm don't know about people who are naturally dark like Sri Lankans, etc but if you go to Southest Asia, you'll notice that all the people doing low skillled work and selling stuff on the street are much much more darker than people of the same race going shopping in the mall next by.
I've seen the oddest people get girlfriends. You people act like it is impossible. If you get over rejection and keep trying it will happen. Perfect your technique, and work on your approach and appearance. Hell, you'll often meet your partner in the oddest way when you least suspect it. Call me naive but I still believe in fate.
Original post by IntoTheWater
It's not because of imperialism. The superiority about having lighter skin existed way before that all over parts of Asia. Princesses and antagonists in folklore and children stories have always been described as light-skinned for hundred of years. It's just another case of wanting what you don't have. For example like how blonde guys get more attention in Southern Europe or how white girls want to have tans.

Furthermore, the thing about light skin is also because of the class system. Traditionally, people of upper classes don't spend time doing labour work under the sun, so having lighter skin is considered to be aristocratic. This is still true to this day. I'm don't know about people who are naturally dark like Sri Lankans, etc but if you go to Southest Asia, you'll notice that all the people doing low skillled work and selling stuff on the street are much much more darker than people of the same race going shopping in the mall next by.

Fair enough.

To be honest though, a lot of pakistani's are racist towards blacks.
Similarly, Arabs, generally are racist towards those from the sub continent, but are nicer to europeans - go to Dubai, you will see.

So even though I think you are right here, the issue is a lot deeper than that.
It's completely understandable that people reacted so harshly to the OP, since they want to believe that attraction is something they have control over. However, holding people responsible for being unattractive is like blaming someone for being disabled. You sick pieces of ****.

Someone could literally have a repulsive face and people on here would just say 'be more assertive' or 'dress better' or some nonsense like that. Don't you know that women know whether they find you attractive or not as soon as they see you? if women don't give you signals that they like you AS SOON AS THEY SEE YOU, then they simply don't find you attractive. women choose men. always.

In wondering what things matter to women, you would do well to ask the question; "does this characteristic indicate good genetics?" If the answer is no, than it probably doesn't matter much.

And the worst is when people assume that the OP's attitude is holding him back when the reason he has a negative attitude is because of his ugliness.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by quads1992
It's completely understandable that people reacted so harshly to the OP, since they want to believe that attraction is something they have control over. However, holding people responsible for being unattractive is like blaming someone for being disabled. You sick pieces of ****.

Someone could literally have a repulsive face and people on here would just say 'be more assertive' or 'dress better' or some nonsense like that. Don't you know that women know whether they find you attractive or not as soon as they see you? if women don't give you signals that they like you AS SOON AS THEY SEE YOU, then they simply don't find you attractive. women choose men. always.

In wondering what things matter to women, you would do well to ask the question; "does this characteristic indicate good genetics?" If the answer is no, than it probably doesn't matter much.

And the worst is when people assume that the OP's attitude is holding him back when the reason he has a negative attitude is because of his ugliness.

Excellent post, better articulate than me. Really good points in Jere.

Unfortunately the truth is that we simply cannot lay any blame on women. It's so bad that women are even racist openly (both white and ethnic women) because they know they can ignorant and racist and no one will say anything.

Can you imagine a person say they only make friends with an certain race? Imagine the cries of racism that would echoe.
Fair enough.

To be honest though, a lot of pakistani's are racist towards blacks.
Similarly, Arabs, generally are racist towards those from the sub continent, but are nicer to europeans - go to Dubai, you will see.

So even though I think you are right here, the issue is a lot deeper than that.

Yeah I get what you mean. It's sad how people are still like that. I experienced all that myself. I grew up in Asia and everybody likes white people, to the point of idolisation sometimes and all the racist jokes somehow involve black people. Even teachers make jokes about being black and nobody bats an eyelid (well given that there's hardly any black people in Asia). It's the mentality that white = rich and different in a cooler way.
Original post by IntoTheWater
Yeah I get what you mean. It's sad how people are still like that. I experienced all that myself. I grew up in Asia and everybody likes white people, to the point of idolisation sometimes and all the racist jokes somehow involve black people. Even teachers make jokes about being black and nobody bats an eyelid (well given that there's hardly any black people in Asia). It's the mentality that white = rich and different in a cooler way.

Effects of post-Imperialism tbh.

Nowdays though, in the west I blame the media for a lot of societal problems regarding race relations.

Blacks relative to other ethnic groups do well, because over the past 10-20 years the hip hop culture meant they were reflected positively in the media. Big dicks, great dancers, artistic, great athletes, player types and so on. You also see in the media so many interracial relationships between white women and black guys, ashley cole etc which helps with integration.

I think the same now is happening with the Chinese. They are getting much more respected in the West, now that they are becoming a super power.

The real losers are muslims. They are portrayed as terrorists, and wife beaters.
(edited 9 years ago)
Effects of post-Imperialism tbh.

Nowdays though, in the west I blame the media for a lot of societal problems regarding race relations.

Blacks relative to other ethnic groups do well, because over the past 10-20 years the hip hop culture meant they were reflected positively in the media. Big dicks, great dancers, artistic, great athletes, player types and so on. You also see in the media so many interracial relationships between white women and black guys, ashley cole etc which helps with integration.

I think the same now is happening with the Chinese. They are getting much more respected in the West, now that they are becoming a super power.

The real losers are muslims. They are portrayed as terrorists, and wife beaters.

Stand up and help your people then.
Original post by SloaneRanger
Stand up and help your people then.

Too busy looking at baseball bets mate.

Why dont you help jalebi

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending