gameofthrones1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have just finished year 12 and I am going to apply for uni in a few months. I want to do Economics and I need an A in maths GCSE but I only got a B and didn't bother retaking as I thought I would be okay! I am willing to retake next school year (year 13) but will it be too late as I am applying in a few months and the next resit date is in June 2015!! Please help!
Danzman4
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you intend to resit Maths GCSE when you apply to University you put your current Maths GCSE grade that you already have and then you put the Maths GCSE down again this time with the grade as pending. Then you will have to send the result manually to all Universities you are holding an offer for after you get your result on GCSE Results day in August next year. This is because universities don't get sent your GCSE results automatically like A Levels and BTEC's do.
Jkizer
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Are you doing a level maths? May be worth emailing your particular uni about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (55)
37.93%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (15)
10.34%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (6)
4.14%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (32)
22.07%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (24)
16.55%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (13)
8.97%

Watched Threads