Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm due to start studying Music & Live Events Management at Bucks in September and was wondering if there's anyone else doing that course on here? Also, what halls are people staying in? I really want to go in Hughenden because of the en-suite aspect but lots of people are saying Brooke Street is better - sharing a bathroom with 9 other people I don't really know doesn't seem very appealing though!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, im also starting the Music & Live events management course in September
    I really want to go into Hughenden aswell, mainly because of the en-suite, hopefully it will still be as good as the others

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am currently going into my second year at bucks studying music and live events and can share my experiences if it will help?

I lived in brook street halls and i must say that it was one of the best decisions i've made so far at uni! I was as well not too thrilled of the thought of sharing a bathroom with nine other people but I must say it wasn't as bad as I thought. since the nine of us were doing six diffrent courses, we had six diffrent time tables so having to wait for the shower in the morning happend very rarely. you will also have cleaners that come 1-2 times a week and you are sharing two bathrooms, and rumors are saying they are re-doing them for the new freshers!

I decided to go with brook street because i am a very social person and loves meeting new people, and do expect to do so whilst living in brook street, especially during the freshers weeks (which were so amazing!) but since you are living in quite a small space and sharing some room with other people, it can get difficult getting your own private time, so it does depend on what kind of person you are. i still managed to get the private time i needed and whenever i felt like not being alone or felt homesick, i knew my flatmates' doors were always opened. yeah, since you are sharing all that room with your flatmates, count on spending time with them and seeing their faces around, and make sure to get to know them, since they are going to be there for a year. i consider all my ex flatmates in brook street my friends and i am going to live with 4 of them next year in a house!

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, I'm not doing Music & Live Events, i'm doing Music & Artist Development so i'm guessing we'll be in some of the same lectures! can't wait to get started

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

I'm a student at Bucks and I did the Music and Live Events course in my first year. If you have an questions, feel free to contact my personal email on: [email protected]
    If you're looking at accommodation, I would highly recommend staying in Brook Street Halls. However, there are virtual accommodation tours on the Bucks website if you would like to view them.

Laura

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by agagain)
    Hi, I am currently going into my second year at bucks studying music and live events and can share my experiences if it will help?

I lived in brook street halls and i must say that it was one of the best decisions i've made so far at uni! I was as well not too thrilled of the thought of sharing a bathroom with nine other people but I must say it wasn't as bad as I thought. since the nine of us were doing six diffrent courses, we had six diffrent time tables so having to wait for the shower in the morning happend very rarely. you will also have cleaners that come 1-2 times a week and you are sharing two bathrooms, and rumors are saying they are re-doing them for the new freshers!

I decided to go with brook street because i am a very social person and loves meeting new people, and do expect to do so whilst living in brook street, especially during the freshers weeks (which were so amazing!) but since you are living in quite a small space and sharing some room with other people, it can get difficult getting your own private time, so it does depend on what kind of person you are. i still managed to get the private time i needed and whenever i felt like not being alone or felt homesick, i knew my flatmates' doors were always opened. yeah, since you are sharing all that room with your flatmates, count on spending time with them and seeing their faces around, and make sure to get to know them, since they are going to be there for a year. i consider all my ex flatmates in brook street my friends and i am going to live with 4 of them next year in a house!
    This was really helpful thank you! As much as I want to meet lots of people I do really like to keep to myself sometimes especially with bathrooms etc, hopefully i'll get just as good an experience in Hughenden

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.