Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I really need some help with the situation I'm currently in. I have called off my engagement to my fiancé after I found a message on his phone from a woman where he worked saying she wanted to sleep with him - but in a more explicit way. There were no other messages, so I'm not sure whether this has been going on for some time and whether he kept deleting the convo. I remembered seeing a 'hi babe' on his phone when we were driving in his car and it was from her but he said she calls everyone 'babe' in work. It took forever to get the truth out of him after I saw the message. Apparently he has been feeling unhappy for the past few weeks and this woman was a shoulder to lean on. She has a few common interests like running, beer, football.. and eventually he said that she told him she likes him.

This has completely destroyed me. We only got engaged 4 months ago and have been together for 5 years. This is so out of character for my partner and I didn't realise he was unhappy. He should have just told me in the first place but he tends to bottle his feelings up.

He's moved back to his mum's house and he's going on holiday on Monday, whereas I am on my own and left to pick up the pieces. I don't really have many friends where I live so I don't have people close enough to talk to about this. Everyone at work thinks we are happy and looking forward to planning our future.

I just need some people to talk to as I'm not coping well on my own.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear this. Doesn't sound good. Is it definitely over do you think?

My recommendations are friends, beer, music and new hobbies during this difficult period. Better times will come..

He finished working there Wednesday and will be moving to another place of work about 2 hours away in a few weeks. This woman sent me a message apologising but I told her straight, she has ruined our relationship. She has a husband and two young children, I feel really sorry for them and they will never know what's happened. She can play happy families now and forget this, she blocked and deleted my partner off everything, Facebook, her phone, etc. I love my partner so much, that's why I'm finding it difficult to know what to do.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.