Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls: would you approach a guy in a club that you fancied? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Conventional wisdom says not. Am I right? What would you do if you had been eyeing up a guy because for whatever a reason you were strongly attracted to him (i.e. good dancer, good dresser, very attractive or whatever it may be)

Would you directly approach him?
    Get a friend to tell him you like him?
    Try to make eye contact and then smile?
    Just try to make eye contact in the hope that he comes over (perhaps you're too shy to smile at a stranger)
    Become anxious and probably send off the wrong signals because you fear what will happen if he talks to you (i.e. you will come across badly because you would be nervous)
    Other?

ReputationRep:
    I've had numerous girls approach me in night clubs and bars so I'd presume it's quite commonplace.

ReputationRep:
    I'd make eye contact and smile. I'm more than happy to approach a guy but only if I'm getting the right signals - won't make an idiot of myself

ReputationRep:
    They do... I've even had a few girls come up with me and asked for a kiss.

I don't even know how it happened lol.

ReputationRep:
    Can confirm .

Thank the gods for alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    Eye contact and smile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'd probably just make eye contact and smile, unless he was with someone that I knew (or I was quite drunk) in which case I'd go up and introduce myself

ReputationRep:
    My first kiss was from a girl that just came up to me, asked me "are you single", then stuck her tongue down my throat haha, you've just got to be in the right place at the right time I guess

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, thinking the eye contact and smile comments above are the honest ones. It's easy for women (or men) to say they do more online but in reality few do particularly with a guy they are really hot on. If you're waiting for girls to come onto you, you might as well be waiting for hell to freeze over. Unfortunately it is all too often down to the guys which tbh is making hard of the situation, it should be more of a mutual part and part exchange for ease of social interaction. Think many men do eye contact more than smile as smiling tends to be a more feminine thing so don't know if this would make it harder for women to tell or off putting. Usually I think eye contact is enough to tell if someone is into you not sure what other signals a woman needs in order for her to ask.

ReputationRep:
    For casual sex : yes

For boyfriend: no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inazuma)
    No.
    No... Thats because they would approach you first

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caedus)
    I've had numerous girls approach me in night clubs and bars so I'd presume it's quite commonplace.
    Oh yes, don't get me wrong, I have seen girls approach guys (and me from time to time ) The way I worded it looked as if I was making a sweeping generalisation. My bad. What I am trying to discover is how common it is. After all, your experience is obviously valid, but correlation doesn't of course always equal correlation. For example, you may be very handsome or a superb dancer. The exception to the rule. Moreover, if as I suspect, girls are far less likely to directly approach than guys, then it would just mean that you have a lot of women that fancy you! Assuming that you're not exaggerating of course! But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're popular with the ladies!

ReputationRep:
    Nope. But then I'm a wimp.

ReputationRep:
    Nah. I'd maybe look at them and make eye contact and hope that they come up to me if they're hot etc. (I'm not a shallow person just clubs aren't exactly where I'm expecting to meet my soulmate). :emog:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SloaneRanger)
    No... Thats because they would approach you first
    You learn quickly
    haha. Not that I go clubbing ever enough to confirm that lol.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    I would slyly do it, perhaps.

If I was mega hammered.

:lol:

ReputationRep:
    I make eye contact and smile and if I he responds to it the way I want I'll probably approach him or signal for him to come over to me so he has to start the actual conversation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inazuma)
    You learn quickly
    haha. Not that I go clubbing ever enough to confirm that lol.
    Princess, silly me i forgot, your so adorable ! You don't need clubbing meet guys

ReputationRep:
    I remember going clubbing one time and this girl approached my friend and asked why I wasn't talking to her, guess she expected me to approach first.

At other times they approach usually when im dancing by myself.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.