I had a baby at 20 AMA!

Scroll to see replies

Why do women exaggerate child birth?
Original post by Scienceisgood
Why do women exaggerate child birth?

Do you think I've exaggerated birth?
Original post by vickidc18
Do you think I've exaggerated birth?

So many people I know say "It hurts so bad!" but, I don't see how it can hurt more than being kicked for a guy...

AT ALL!
Why did you choose to have a baby before finishing your education?
Do you think 20 is a little young to have a baby?
So many people I know say "It hurts so bad!" but, I don't see how it can hurt more than being kicked for a guy...

AT ALL!

Its the duration more than anything , so imagine being kicked lightly then gradually harder for 48 hours you cant sleep then ****ting out a watermelon at the end while tearing and needing stitches.
Why did you choose to have a baby before finishing your education?
Do you think 20 is a little young to have a baby?

Yes it was young but not as bad as say a 15 year old , I had a sickness bug while in china so my contraceptive pill didn't work & I'm against abortion for personal reasons. It wasn't ideal but in a way it's been the best thing for me I had no direction before my daughter was born & I felt like something was missing , she's given me direction & motivation to try hard with life, I did OU modules & an access course when she was first born I got 85% in OU modules & Distinctions in my access all I was doing before she was born was working then wasting my wages on getting drunk. In a way I do much better studying because I dont have the distraction of going out & partying all the time, I get my head down and try my best.
Yes it was young but not as bad as say a 15 year old , I had a sickness bug while in china so my contraceptive pill didn't work & I'm against abortion for personal reasons. It wasn't ideal but in a way it's been the best thing for me I had no direction before my daughter was born & I felt like something was missing , she's given me direction & motivation to try hard with life, I did OU modules & an access course when she was first born I got 85% in OU modules & Distinctions in my access all I was doing before she was born was working then wasting my wages on getting drunk. In a way I do much better studying because I dont have the distraction of going out & partying all the time, I get my head down and try my best.

That is NOT a waste! :hmmm:
She turned 1 on the 4th July we had a little party cause she won't remember more to celebrate me and my partner getting through the first year of parenthood hahaha she had a little cake that I made with Iggle piggle on it & her dad dressed as him she's obsessed with that little blue thing lol.

aww cool, my youngest was 1 on 10th July :smile: Summer babies are good for parties when they get older because you can get bouncy castles outside and so on. It gets more awkward organising parties in seasons with wet or cold weather.
Any phobias?
Go on....

You must he proud of your promiscuity
Original post by Ben_Dover
You must he proud of your promiscuity

? I've only slept with 1 person how is that promiscuous?
All the best to you:smile::
Original post by #Ridwan
Good to hear. Too many children growing up in unstable, single parent families nowadays. I wish you and your family all the best.

This ^

Original post by what is this
Did the child inherit her father's male model genes or your average genes?

:hahaha:
Any phobias?

Erm small yapping dogs, I hate dogs that jump up it's horrible & I used to have a phobia of vomiting until I got pregnant and vomited about 100 times.
Reply 114
Why do/did you make threads about Islam when you don't understand the religion or their beliefs? :curious:
If in 20 years time your daughter came home pregnant how would you feel?

She had a baby at 20 not 14 whats with all the hate!
Original post by Ornlu
Why do/did you make threads about Islam when you don't understand the religion or their beliefs? :curious:

I have no wish to comment on Islam, you believe what you believe I don't agree with it that's my choice :smile:

Original post by SillyMilly
If in 20 years time your daughter came home pregnant how would you feel?

She had a baby at 20 not 14 whats with all the hate!

Erm hard question if she was with a nice man and settled I'd be fine with it if it was a one night stand I'd be quite concerned but I would stand by her and try guide her through it I would never tell her to abort, or keep the baby thats her decision.
(edited 9 years ago)
I got pregnant at 20, 20 was the average age to get married & have children up until the 1980's. Yes I'm a chav when I've just purchased my first home :smile:
I was 18 and so what plenty of 90 year old couples married the first man they were with and are together until they die.

I have no wish to comment on Islam, you believe what you believe I don't agree with it that's my choice :smile:

Erm hard question if she was with a nice man and settled I'd be fine with it if it was a one night stand I'd be quite concerned but I would stand by her and try guide her through it I would never tell her to abort, or keep the baby thats her decision.

not a question but well done I think its great that you've done well. Ignore all these idiots least your daughter has a mum who loves her and cares for her. Age is irrelevant just because your a bit younger than the average mum doesn't mean your any less of a mother.
Reply 119
Original post by zippity.doodah
why would you ruin your life like that

She hasn't. She has a long term partner and is about to start a nursing degree. The child has a stable upbringing. She hasn't ruined her life. She's about to buy her first home. She has just started her 'real life' a little bit earlier then most, no doubt because she has the maturity and self confidence to know what she wants.

Quick Reply

Latest