Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it too soon to feel like this. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Me and my boyfriend have been together for 5 months today. We are both 18 and he is probably the more mature one. He said the big L word after a month and I said it back thinking I meant it, however a month an a half ago I broke down and cried randomly (I'm not an emotional person) while we were having a cute moment and I realized while I said 'I love you' to him that (really mushy part) I was literally saying it with my whole being. I felt so passionate about it when I said those words. Like honestly it took me by surprise. This is my first love and I have since then convinced myself that all these thoughts I get and have been getting are me just trying to deal with the sudden feeling of this emotion, I think in that moment I honestly meant it when I said love. Honestly, I thought I was going crazy at some point because I just couldnt get my affection for him under control. As I said it has been five months and in my head I say to myself that I'd love to marry him, we talk about going places together and all that generic relationship stuff but what constantly plays on my mind is 'it's too soon to feel like this'. He is very time conscious, we got into the relationship fast but he is eager to take everything else slow and so am I! Slow and steady is very much perfect for me but my heart is saying otherwise. Am I thinking about the future with him because we are VERY compatible, so compatible in fact that it scares us how well we get a long? Or am I a complete freak who is tooooo into this relationship haha.

PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS NORMAL.

ReputationRep:
    OF COURSE THIS IS NORMAL

Firstly, there are no guidelines for love. You cannot control your heart, you have to embrace whatever it's telling you. Plus, being passionate about a relatioship is really really good. It means you're with the right person and doing well

So stop freaking out and be happy: you are very lucky! Enjoy it)

P.S. I'm pretty much the same with my bf We said the L word after our first kiss, but we'd very close for roughly a year before we actually went out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evazilber57)
    OF COURSE THIS IS NORMAL

Firstly, there are no guidelines for love. You cannot control your heart, you have to embrace whatever it's telling you. Plus, being passionate about a relatioship is really really good. It means you're with the right person and doing well

So stop freaking out and be happy: you are very lucky! Enjoy it)

P.S. I'm pretty much the same with my bf We said the L word after our first kiss, but we'd very close for roughly a year before we actually went out.
    Good luck in your relationship!
    This has made me feel calmer, thank you

(Original post by Jorgiemarie)
      Me and my boyfriend have been together for 5 months today. We are both 18 and he is probably the more mature one. He said the big L word after a month and I said it back thinking I meant it, however a month an a half ago I broke down and cried randomly (I'm not an emotional person) while we were having a cute moment and I realized while I said 'I love you' to him that (really mushy part) I was literally saying it with my whole being. I felt so passionate about it when I said those words. Like honestly it took me by surprise. This is my first love and I have since then convinced myself that all these thoughts I get and have been getting are me just trying to deal with the sudden feeling of this emotion, I think in that moment I honestly meant it when I said love. Honestly, I thought I was going crazy at some point because I just couldnt get my affection for him under control. As I said it has been five months and in my head I say to myself that I'd love to marry him, we talk about going places together and all that generic relationship stuff but what constantly plays on my mind is 'it's too soon to feel like this'. He is very time conscious, we got into the relationship fast but he is eager to take everything else slow and so am I! Slow and steady is very much perfect for me but my heart is saying otherwise. Am I thinking about the future with him because we are VERY compatible, so compatible in fact that it scares us how well we get a long? Or am I a complete freak who is tooooo into this relationship haha.

PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS NORMAL.
      I told my girlfriend I love her months before 'we' happened.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2014
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.