Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    who has had a car crash soon after passing their test? How long did it take after passing? What was the cause and has it made you a better driver?

ReputationRep:
    no crashes?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't had a crash yet, thank God. Been driving for a little over a month, I've had so many close calls and lots of really serious and dangerous errors. I'm terrible at driving.

ReputationRep:
    nearly 5 years after passing my test and i still haven't crashed... touch wood.

ReputationRep:
    6 months and no incidents, thankfully! Speed and seperation....

ReputationRep:
    8 days

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    2 months crash free hopefully that continues

ReputationRep:
    Had a car crash 19 days after I bought my first ever car.

Got hit from behind at a traffic light by this soggy ***** who was texting while driving and didn't realize the lights had turned to red.

Awesome insurance payout

ReputationRep:
    4 months in.

Driving out of Trafford Centre, didn't turn enough, went straight into a stationary wall. Safe to say it's the angriest I've ever been. Wasn't a good time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alfissti)

Got hit from behind at a traffic light by this soggy ***** who was texting while driving and didn't realize the lights had turned to red.

Awesome insurance payout
    Although its never good to be in a crash, I suppose there is a good point to it in that at least it wasnt your fault. So you wouldnt loose your no claims etc. Its better to be the other persons fault than your own.

ReputationRep:
    i lasted 3 yeas!

only had a car for 3 weeks though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tobie123)
    who has had a car crash soon after passing their test? How long did it take after passing? What was the cause and has it made you a better driver?
    I'll have been driving 5 months soon, no accident of any kind yet. Couple of times when I could have been in one in the first few weeks, but that was all mainly down to judgment. I'm generally a very safe driver

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alfissti)

Awesome insurance payout
    So THAT'S what helped kick start your fantastic enterprise and large fleet of cars!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by live_a_life)
    So THAT'S what helped kick start your fantastic enterprise and large fleet of cars!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I put the money towards an Austin Metro

I suppose you could put it that it went towards kick starting as did use that car to find stuff to sell on eBay back when it wasn't an extortionate place to peddle stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Never had one myself.

Been in a car a few times when it's happened but never when I've been behind the wheel.
    In reality, there's no good reason to have a crash. People that do either run out of space, run out of time or run out of talent. Allow some margin for error for all three and you'll be alright.

ReputationRep:
    Crashed into a curb, 1 1/2 years after test and i was being stupid playing about in a car park.

I used to be the one that nearly got crashed into thanks to other people being distracted. I had to swerve to avoid a car once because it didn't give way to me at a roundabout as i was already turning and indicating.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.