How much do you know about Hong Kong? Watch

hongkong
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, everyone in TSR forum, I am a university student in Hong Kong.
As most of you should know, Hong Kong was a British colony and was returned to China in 1997. And even nowadays, Hongkongers still love UK.

But since I have met some friends from UK, surprisingly, there are many misconceptions like 'Hong Kong' is the same as 'China' and they don't understand why Hongkongers love their conqueror.

Currently, Hong Kong democracy comes to a crucial stage in which we are discussing the method to elect our cheif executive. The HKSAR government is currently conspiring with the China communist party to propose a unfair method which could possibly make the communist party to control Hong Kong completely.

That's why we are asking the UK government to put more pressure on the Chinese government so that the Chinese government can obey their promise made in 1997.

I am really keen to know how much British students know about Hong Kong and whether British cares about Hong Kong any more??
aka r
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ocean park
aka r
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Cream soda
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (413)
18.6%
The paper was reasonable (1054)
47.46%
Not feeling great about that exam... (493)
22.2%
It was TERRIBLE (261)
11.75%

Watched Threads