Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much do you know about Hong Kong? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, everyone in TSR forum, I am a university student in Hong Kong.
    As most of you should know, Hong Kong was a British colony and was returned to China in 1997. And even nowadays, Hongkongers still love UK.

But since I have met some friends from UK, surprisingly, there are many misconceptions like 'Hong Kong' is the same as 'China' and they don't understand why Hongkongers love their conqueror.

Currently, Hong Kong democracy comes to a crucial stage in which we are discussing the method to elect our cheif executive. The HKSAR government is currently conspiring with the China communist party to propose a unfair method which could possibly make the communist party to control Hong Kong completely.

That's why we are asking the UK government to put more pressure on the Chinese government so that the Chinese government can obey their promise made in 1997.

I am really keen to know how much British students know about Hong Kong and whether British cares about Hong Kong any more??

ReputationRep:
    Ocean park

ReputationRep:
    Cream soda

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.