Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Student Finance Issue- Please Help! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay so, going into my 3rd year of uni September 2014, for the last two years I have received the MAXIMUM maintenance/loan/grant whatever from student finance due to my single mother (my household income) not earning much at all...... However, in May 2014 her boyfriend moved into her house and this August they are getting married (he has a good salary and will push my household income up A LOT)

HOWEVER, just filled out my student finance application for 2014/15 and because the wedding is so close I said that my mother was married, it asked for her email and also her partners- it asked her for details of her income for the tax year 2012/13..... but also for her soon-to-be husbands (even though he was not living with her in this tax year)

Im worried that because they are asking for his financial details, I will not receive the full student loan amount.....I already work 24 hours a week during term time and there is no way he will support me financially (rightly so, why should he?)......... AHH SO CONFUSING, but if anyone could give me any help at all or if they have been in a similar situation I would love to hear from you... Will they deduct my loan/grant?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.