Turn on thread page Beta

Living costs for two people? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Going to do an in-depth break down of costs but before I totally waste my time...

Is it feasible for two people to be able to live on around £20-22k (after tax) assuming rent is £450-500 a month? This amount would hopefully increase by a few thousand within a year but just to get an idea. I'm thinking it should be possible...

ReputationRep:
    Definitely. Live in a household of 3 and we just about manage on around 8k a year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    Going to do an in-depth break down of costs but before I totally waste my time...

Is it feasible for two people to be able to live on around £20-22k (after tax) assuming rent is £450-500 a month? This amount would hopefully increase by a few thousand within a year but just to get an idea. I'm thinking it should be possible...
    Easily! Thats over £1600 a month.

Minus the rent at you've got £1100.

Elec: 50
    Gas: 50
    Water: 25
    Council tax: 125
    Food: 200
    Internet/TV: 50

Leaving £600 a month spare.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.