The Student Room Group

Thin hair help!

What can I do to thicken my hair?

It's about shoulder length now (used to be longer), and has always been really fine and thin since I was a kid. It looks ridiculous, it hangs limp and fine, when I pull my hair back it looks plastered to my head!

Tbh I've not got time for straightening and what not, and prefer natural methods with my hair - I don't dye it, don't blow dry it, and don't use sprays/gels etc, but shampoo/condition everyday as it gets and looks greasy easily.
I experienced the same thing but it was because my hair started to fall out and thin.

Been using coconut oil as a mask once a week and trimming the hair regularly and its getting thicker. Also stop washing every day or It will never thicken. Brush it every few hours so you aren't losing loads of hair when you brush out knots.
Reply 2
'First off all cut your hair if it is thin from base as hair doesn't grow after spilts so you have to cut the end and give always hot oil massage to your hair at list once in a week, use shampoo alternate days shampoo.
Washing your hair everyday is one of the worst things you can do as you are stripping it of it's natural protective oils. In a bid to replace these more oil is secreted rapidly hence why your hair gets greasy so quickly. Start washing your hair every other day using dry shampoo in between if you must and after time it'll get less greasy on the 2nd day and then start washing it every two days. Other than that trim it regularly to keep it healthy.
I suggest you to wash your hair every other day and use a natural thickening shampoo. You will also need to use a wide tooth comb when brushing your hair to avoid falling hairs. Use some warm olive oil to massage your hair and scalp. Our scalp also needs a good massage.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending