Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ice Cream Fitness 5x5 - anyone else doing it or has done it before? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Currently on this programme. It is quite good so far for me but some guys on UKMuscle (admittedly they are on steroids) are very much against it saying it is too much volume for a novice. Personally, I don't see what they have against it, it is working quite well for me and my body is not overworked by it. I am recovering fine. How are you guys doing on it ?

Instead, they say this routine is optimal:

monday is push - bench press, shoulder press, dips,
    wednesday legs - squat, leg press, hack squat, calve raise!
    friday back - deadlift, bent over row, pullups,

You can do the top 3 5x5 as is. Or you can add in ancillarly exercises such as tricep extensions, skull crushers on monday 2 hard sets of each
    wednesday add in ancillary exercises such as leg and ham curl
    friday would be bicep exercises and even some abs

Thats a simple routine geared around strength and ancillary are extra to work secondary muscles

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Currently on this programme. It is quite good so far for me but some guys on UKMuscle (admittedly they are on steroids) are very much against it saying it is too much volume for a novice. Personally, I don't see what they have against it, it is working quite well for me and my body is not overworked by it. I am recovering fine. How are you guys doing on it ?

Instead, they say this routine is optimal:

monday is push - bench press, shoulder press, dips,
    wednesday legs - squat, leg press, hack squat, calve raise!
    friday back - deadlift, bent over row, pullups,

You can do the top 3 5x5 as is. Or you can add in ancillarly exercises such as tricep extensions, skull crushers on monday 2 hard sets of each
    wednesday add in ancillary exercises such as leg and ham curl
    friday would be bicep exercises and even some abs

Thats a simple routine geared around strength and ancillary are extra to work secondary muscles

Yep, me, illusionz and Tony Stark are doing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    Yep, me, illusionz and Tony Stark are doing it.
    How is it going for you? I like the assistance exercises on it, they are really helping my deadlift. Especially shrugs and rows with double overhand (helps with grip too). I am recovering well and definite mass is being added.

The other routine I put on the op seems a bit weird to me. Shoulders and bench on the same day? Then again, it was written by juiceheads.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Too much volume for a novice yet they prescrible that?

Da***

Implication is also doing it on the blogs, I think CAlmasy is starting it too

ICF5x5 is a great routine seemingly, loads of gains being made. Illusionz being king of them

Have a scroll http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=343

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Too much volume for a novice yet they prescrible that?

Da***

Implication is also doing it on the blogs, I think CAlmasy is starting it too

ICF5x5 is a great routine seemingly, loads of gains being made. Illusionz being king of them

Have a scroll http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=343
    Yeah, exactly. Seemed a bit odd to me but the members there did not seem entirely rational. Figures when they talk about openly buying and selling steroids on that forum.

I am on month two of ICF 5x5. Fair to say, I can really feel muscles popping up in areas I never thought could pop out muscles! No homo.
    I love the shrugs and the rows. They really help.

UKM is a shocking forum, really wouldn't go there for advice. It's full of juice monkeys and chavs.

If you want advanced discussion TMuscle is where it's at.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      I made fantastic gains on ICF, and am now running a routine loosely based on ICF. Highly recommended.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.