Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Child Genius (2014) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen a thread for this yet; apologies if there's already one out there.

This is a thread regarding Channel 4's 2014 series of Child Genius. You can watch it on 4oD here.

I saw episode 1 the other day. Has anyone else seen it? What are your thoughts?

Spoiler:
    Show
    Aliyah's parents make me rage so hard.

ReputationRep:
    I love it!

Although I think some of the parents have an interesting parenting style...

Annoys me to see 8 year olds who are faster at mental maths than me though :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    Yaaaay! Another fan!

Episode 2 is on tonight - right NOW, in fact! :eek: What a coincidence... I had JUST logged in to check this thread! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Those poor children, especially Aliyah (I think that's her name).

How can you raise your child 'professionally'? Let kids eat dirt for goodness sake.

ReputationRep:
    It's a really interesting insight into the different types of parenting. Some of those kids were put under so much pressure and were made to feel ashamed even though they performed brilliantly! Others let their child get on with it their own way, however those children still felt disappointed as they were quite hard on themselves.
    I enjoyed watching the logic round because then I could have a go myself! I've also done the tests online and logic is my best round

ReputationRep:
    I actually thought that Aliyah's parents were quite nice. Her mum reminds me of Coraline's evil mother and her parenting style is interesting however when her child was answering questions you could really see the love in her face so soppy but she looked really proud.

Poor tudor, what a lot of pressure on him!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't like the parents who treated their children like racehorses and felt it was their duty to train them 24/7.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.