(Original post by simran1996)
    Which university?
    Glasgow

ReputationRep:
    What did you do in your gap year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nehemia)
    What did you do in your gap year?
    Unemployed for five months, christmas temp job at Schuh (still ongoing at weekends) and now Ward Assistant in Oncology since April. Voluntary work throughout!

ReputationRep:
    What made you want to study medicine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 06shawm)
    What made you want to study medicine?
    Pretty much grown up with it in my face. My mum worked as a nurse in a palliative care unit and I used to wait in the staff room for her to finish after I had been to my dad's so I came into contact with a lot of healthcare professionals from a young age. Apart from that though, pretty much the same as everyone else: love of anatomy; like speaking to new people; challenge of diagnosis/treatment and so on and so forth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scottasaurus)
    Pretty much grown up with it in my face. My mum worked as a nurse in a palliative care unit and I used to wait in the staff room for her to finish after I had been to my dad's so I came into contact with a lot of healthcare professionals from a young age. Apart from that though, pretty much the same as everyone else: love of anatomy; like speaking to new people; challenge of diagnosis/treatment and so on and so forth.
    Congrats on your offer from Glasgow. Must of been interesting being introduced to a hospital environment at an early age. I can imagine you can't wait to start the course!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on your offer from Glasgow. Must of been interesting being introduced to a hospital environment at an early age. I can imagine you can't wait to start the course!
    Thanks! Honestly can't wait, less than 7 weeks to go though! What about yourself, any offers?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Honestly can't wait, less than 7 weeks to go though! What about yourself, any offers?
    Not long to go then! I'm actually going into my second year. I actually can't wait to go back, I miss being busy! Is Glasgow a traditional/PBL/integrated course??

ReputationRep:
    Not long to go then! I'm actually going into my second year. I actually can't wait to go back, I miss being busy! Is Glasgow a traditional/PBL/integrated course??
    Oh sweet, which uni? It's integrated now thank god as it used to be heavily PBL until 2012. They still do it a bit more than other integrated unis I'd say but as long as its not the be all and end all I'm fine with it haha!

ReputationRep:
    Oh sweet, which uni? It's integrated now thank god as it used to be heavily PBL until 2012. They still do it a bit more than other integrated unis I'd say but as long as its not the be all and end all I'm fine with it haha!
    I'm at Manchester Haha, you not a fan of PBL?? Manchester is slightly more integrated now with more lectures and contact time but used to be PBL crazy. Where else did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    I'm at Manchester Haha, you not a fan of PBL?? Manchester is slightly more integrated now with more lectures and contact time but used to be PBL crazy. Where else did you apply?
    All the Scottish unis except St Andrews (can you tell I'm Scottish? haha)
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    What on the course are you most looking forward to? Be it specific subjects or just uni life in general?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    What on the course are you most looking forward to? Be it specific subjects or just uni life in general?
    All the clinical placements in Phase 4, will be great to see so much and meet so many people! Also really looking forward to the independence and lifestyle

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.