Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm 22 almost 23, am I too old to do a motor vehicle diploma at college ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I know nothing about cars really, I was going to go to college to do the course last year but upon entering the college to enroll I got too anxious and drove off.
    I am determined to try again this year despite still being anxious. am I too old to begin a motor vehicle diploma ?

ReputationRep:
    No, you definitely aren't too old. Don't let your anxiety hold you back another year. Once you get this diploma, your life will become much easier, just get through a couple of years of studying first!

And not having a huge knowledge of cars will most probably not be an issue here AT ALL. That's the reason you're going to college in the first place! Many of your peers might talk the talk but really, they're as new to the subject as you are!

Focus on the goal you've set yourself and try extremely hard not to deviate from it. Reflect on the past year; have you ever regretted dropping out? If you have regretted it, you must have felt awful. Don't put yourself through that again!

Once again, you are not too old to study for this diploma. Please dismiss that thought and start feel positive about the start of term in September

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice pops)
    I know nothing about cars really, I was going to go to college to do the course last year but upon entering the college to enroll I got too anxious and drove off.
    I am determined to try again this year despite still being anxious. am I too old to begin a motor vehicle diploma ?
    You never try you never know.

Your age is nothing to be honest.

The woman who is now the fleet controller and person in charge of maintenance of the company fleet was 30 before she took up a vehicle maintenance certification and qualification having previously being in the military.

Can't complain about the work she does.

Oh yeah prior to joining that course, she never actually drove a car before and knew nothing about cars.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by live_a_life)
    No, you definitely aren't too old. Don't let your anxiety hold you back another year. Once you get this diploma, your life will become much easier, just get through a couple of years of studying first!

And not having a huge knowledge of cars will most probably not be an issue here AT ALL. That's the reason you're going to college in the first place! Many of your peers might talk the talk but really, they're as new to the subject as you are!

Focus on the goal you've set yourself and try extremely hard not to deviate from it. Reflect on the past year; have you ever regretted dropping out? If you have regretted it, you must have felt awful. Don't put yourself through that again!

Once again, you are not too old to study for this diploma. Please dismiss that thought and start feel positive about the start of term in September
    (Original post by Alfissti)
    You never try you never know.

Your age is nothing to be honest.

The woman who is now the fleet controller and person in charge of maintenance of the company fleet was 30 before she took up a vehicle maintenance certification and qualification having previously being in the military.

Can't complain about the work she does.

Oh yeah prior to joining that course, she never actually drove a car before and knew nothing about cars.

thank you both

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.