Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would you do if someone proposed to you in public after six months? Watch

ReputationRep:
    And when I say in public I mean he/she made a big thing about it in a restaurant or something. What would you do?

Bonus question- What if it'd only been a month?

ReputationRep:
    Well obviously the guy has a problem if he proposes way too early and puts himself in a situation like that. There's not really any gentle way to deal with it, I'd probably be like "wut" and just tell him I can't marry him. It's his own fault if he feels humiliated and I'd actually probably be pretty mad at him for forcing me in that situation and making me look like a *****

ReputationRep:
    I would calmly state that we've only been dating for 6 months, so no I will not marry him.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I really hate public proposals they're just so damn awkward, if it had been six months and I knew I loved him then I'd say yes and give him he'll over doing it in public, if I wasn't ready I'd just tell him that I'm not ready yet

After a month I would decline in the nicest way possible but I'd still be pretty pissed about it being in public

ReputationRep:
    If it had only been a month, then it might go something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jpMBS81X0c

ReputationRep:
    I'd be like AW HELL NAW BRUH

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Say YES if you want to marry him and NO if you don't.

Am I missing something?

ReputationRep:
    I'd just say I appreciate his feelings but I'd want to wait longer before commitment like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    I'd be like AW HELL NAW BRUH

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're so romantic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Mediocre_One)
    Say YES if you want to marry him and NO if you don't.

Am I missing something?
    Rejecting him might humiliate him in front of everyone, and make the girl seem insensitive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    You're so romantic.
    I try
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brownsugar-xx)
    Rejecting him might humiliate him in front of everyone, and make the girl seem insensitive.
    Thats the great risk you take with public proposals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllieC130)
    And when I say in public I mean he/she made a big thing about it in a restaurant or something. What would you do?

Bonus question- What if it'd only been a month?

Walk off and pretend that I didnt know them. Literally walk away from the table and out the restraunt asap!

ReputationRep:
    I find proposals in the middle of the street weird, I'd want something a bit classier, but I mean if I loved the guy after 6 months and was in the position to get married they I would but never after a month,
    If he did propose after a month I'd probably think he did it on purpose so that I would look like a complete cow for saying no :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Mediocre_One)
    Thats the great risk you take with public proposals.
    which is why i don't think i'll ever want one :no:

ReputationRep:
    I try
    When you say "AW HELL NAW BRUH" would you waggle your finger and move your neck side to side as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    When you say "AW HELL NAW BRUH" would you waggle your finger and move your neck side to side as well?
    AW HELL YEAH. I'd then leave and come back in a few seconds later after realising I forgot my chicken. I'd grab it and then run for the hills :cool:

ReputationRep:
    AW HELL YEAH. I'd then leave and come back in a few seconds later after realising I forgot my chicken. I'd grab it and then run for the hills :cool:
    Chicken? Was he proposing in KFC or was he a bit more classy doing it in Nandos?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSA)
    Chicken? Was he proposing in KFC or was he a bit more classy doing it in Nandos?
    Its all about Sam's chicken :drool:

ReputationRep:
    Its all about Sam's chicken :drool:
    Why did you say no, he obviously knows how to treat a woman.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.