The Student Room Group

In love with the same girl for 2 years

It started 2 years ago. I developed a crush on a friend and eventually worked up the courage to tell her after 10 months of lusting from afar. What I didn't realise was that she already had a girlfriend. I was shot down. We agreed to stay friends and I promised to try and get over her. Shortly after, I began crushing on my close friend. I took this to mean that I was over the first girl. This crush on my close friend has lasted for about 11 months.
I was asked by my friend a short while ago why I fancied the second girl and when I couldn't think of a reason, she pointed out that the second girl looks really similar to the first girl. They look so similar that teachers constantly get their names mixed up.
That's when it hit me. I do have a small crush on my close friend who is the second girl but I have really fallen for the first one and I'm definitely not over her. I get jealous when I see her with her girlfriend and I stare at her in class all the time. I'm always really sweaty nervous and blushy around her too.

It's been two years and I'm fed up. How can I get over her? Nothing on the internet is working
Reply 1
I've been in love with the same girl for 10 years and I'm still not over it :smile: She was my childhood friend which moved away but I never stopped liking her. I'm 19 now and I still have the same feelings for her since I was 9 - 10 years old.
you`ve moved on fast OP
As someone who spent 3 years not over their last serious relationship, I feel the pain. The only way I eventually did stop having those feelings was when I genuinely started liking someone else. I'm afraid such is life.
I've had a crush on the same guy since year 9 or something, it's never gone no matter how many times I tell myself I'm over it or think about other guys :unimpressed:
Original post by David B
I've been in love with the same girl for 10 years and I'm still not over it :smile: She was my childhood friend which moved away but I never stopped liking her. I'm 19 now and I still have the same feelings for her since I was 9 - 10 years old.

Woah.
Reply 6
I know what you mean, I've been in love with the same person for 3 years. We're like occasional friends, we don't see each other often and when we do it's always by chance these days, we never talk to each other except those few moments when we're face to face. We used to see each other more frequently. I don't think about him that often anymore but when I do I miss him like crazy, he's like the only person I've ever met who's worth falling for. And whenever I bump into him it just makes me happy. I think he might even have had feelings for me too at some point but we had an odd kind of friendship, we got along well but at the same time we were both kinda awkward among each other so I couldn't even think about telling him. So yeah. And in a bit over a month I'm moving between countries so I don't know if I'll ever even see him again. It hurts me a lot to think that some day he'll be with someone else and I'll never even get my chance.
So to answer to your question I have no answer. Just wanted to rant a bit :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
[QUOTE]
Original post by Anonymous
It started 2 years ago. I developed a crush on a friend and eventually worked up the courage to tell her after 10 months of lusting from afar. What I didn't realise was that she already had a girlfriend.

Sorry but how on earth would you not know that your friend had a girlfriend if you were friends for that length of time?

I was asked by my friend a short while ago why I fancied the second girl and when I couldn't think of a reason she pointed out that the second girl looks really similar to the first girl. They look so similar that teachers constantly get their names mixed up.

That's when it hit me. I do have a small crush on my close friend who is the second girl but I have really fallen for the first one and I'm definitely not over her

It's not as if you always can rationalise why you do or dont like someone, you might just be attracted to her for some inexplicable reason. The logical conclusion from 'I like someone who looks very much alike someone I used to crush on', isn't 'oh I must have really fallen for the first girl and only have a small crush on the second.' I'm pretty sure that's not right. Maybe both girls have features you find attractive or something but it's not realistic to jump to that conclusion.

It's been two years and I'm fed up. How can I get over her? Nothing on the internet is working

Take it from someone who knows, you can't get over someone by something you read on the internet. It either will happen or it won't happen, you can't force getting over someone. But the fact that feelings weren't reciprocated should make it easier to get over, because when you eventually find someone that reciprocates your own feelings, the whole experience will be a lot more intense and should over-ride any hypothetical fantasy you constructed in your head about said girl
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending