When does King's 2014/2015 actually start?

Watch
ddudz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hello,

When do you move into your accommodation? When and how will be notified of this?

I understand freshers week is before the academic year starts?
When is Freshers Week 2014?

Thank you
Noutchka
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think it will be around 15th September
k83
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I read somewhere you can move into accommodation from the 13th, and this seems correct as most universities open halls the weekend before registration. Freshers month begins on the 15th and continues into October as far as I'm aware. 15th-20th is registration/induction week, the academic year officially begins on the 22nd of September.
Slowbro93
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This all depends on your subject (so some subjects start on the 22nd and others start on the 29th). So you would be able to move into accommodation the weekend before freshers week (which is mid September although it could be earlier).
Beheshta
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hii,

I am going to start studying dentistry in September in KCL, and i was wondering where I could find the timetables for 2014/2015. Especially when the holidays are so I can plan my year well

Thanks in advance

Beheshta
Mathlover123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey there King's Ambassador here, Here is your term timetable Registration week pretty much is one day you go into uni sometime and enrol check all the paper work and get your access card, and one day when you have some lectures to help you settle in.

• Registration week: 15 – 19 September 2014
  • Autumn term: 22 September – 12 December 2014
  • Spring term: 5 January – 27 March 2015
  • Summer term: 27 April – 5 June 2015

You will learn about your accommodation on A-level results day (14th of august) and will probably be moving in on the 14th of sep. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Beheshta
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi there,
Thanks a lot for the information!!! In the Netherlands the holidays differ so I needed this information. I really appreciate your quick reply!
I first thought the terms differed for every study but now I know that all the studies have holidays at the time!!

Thanks again,

Beheshta
nguyenthaonguyen
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hello, may I ask how long does it take between getting our A-Level Results (and hence unconditional offer if we do get the grades required) and accommodation allocation for King's? The reason is I need to know my accommodation address to apply for my student visa. Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (5)
14.29%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (11)
31.43%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (2)
5.71%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (4)
11.43%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (1)
2.86%
I think it's an unfair expectation (11)
31.43%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
2.86%

Watched Threads