The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by madagascar
Just heard back from BCU with an offer YIPPEE :biggrin:

Well done! :smile:

Yay!! Well done! When did you have your interview...was that a quick response?!

Well done! Have you decided on your firm and insurance yet?
Original post by izzydizzyyy
I haven't had an interview, but I heard that they're not doing them this year? Yes, it's so weird! So frustrating as well! Especially since if they're not interviewing then I'm guessing they literally have until the May deadline which seems AGES AWAY :frown: hope your applications are going well!? X

No I get you 100%, even the idea of waiting till the end of March for most of my opinions is driving me a bit mad! So you have my sympathies! Haha thanks, tbh I only really want Leeds or DMU so I'm waiting for both of them! X
Original post by HowayGuapa
Yeah i was totally the same! They really impressed me, made manchester unis and Sheffield look terrible. They should take some interview day tips from Leeds! Apart from the hour of nothing at the start it was a really nice interview day.

Yeah I arrived thinking I was late but we didn't need that hour of chat tbh, but apart from that I feel much more comfortable with Leeds than Manchester which I thought would be my favourite... just felt like cattle going through their interview day :dry: wish you the best!
Well finally heard back from City... was a no!!! Just think it was mean for them to take that long to tell me!!! No information about why it was a no either! Just waiting on DMU now. At least we're all in the same boat for that one. Roll on the end of March!
Well finally heard back from City... was a no!!! Just think it was mean for them to take that long to tell me!!! No information about why it was a no either! Just waiting on DMU now. At least we're all in the same boat for that one. Roll on the end of March!

Oh sorry to hear that - fingers crossed for DMU xx
Original post by djavor
Well done! :smile:

Thank you :smile:

Original post by JaaySLT
Yay!! Well done! When did you have your interview...was that a quick response?!

Thank you :smile: I had my interview on 9th Feb so two weeks & one day ago.

Original post by shropshirelass51
Well done! Have you decided on your firm and insurance yet?

Thanks. I'm pretty sure i'll be putting BCU as my insurance, i'm so pleased to have received their offer! Not made my mind up for definite on firm though. What about you? x

Sorry you didn't get the good news you wanted
Original post by AmyPilot
Oh sorry to hear that - fingers crossed for DMU xx

Yeah bit gutted as not hearing for 3 months got my hopes up! And City would have meant I would have been closer to home! But hey! Thank you! Good luck to you too xx

Wow you are doing well! How will you decide which to firm?????

Well done x

Sorry to hear that and good luck for DMU.
Yeah bit gutted as not hearing for 3 months got my hopes up! And City would have meant I would have been closer to home! But hey! Thank you! Good luck to you too xx

It's sole destroying at times - I went through it last year so am just a nosey observer this year - but it all works out for the best just wait and see.

Try to stay positive. I waited four months for a decision last year so understand how hard it is
Thank you :smile:

Thank you :smile: I had my interview on 9th Feb so two weeks & one day ago.

Thanks. I'm pretty sure i'll be putting BCU as my insurance, i'm so pleased to have received their offer! Not made my mind up for definite on firm though. What about you? x

I'm going to BCU, if my health check is ok. May see you there!

Well hopefully we're course mates next year!

Genuinely would be crushed if DMU reject me.
Surprised there have been no Leeds offers yet - they were quicker last year.

Well done to all with good news and commiserations to those with unhappy news
Original post by AmyPilot
Wow you are doing well! How will you decide which to firm?????

Well done x

Aw thank you, i'm really feeling amazed and so proud of myself!

Haha :confused: I have no idea, I change my mind each day! I loved Newcastle, however Marjon is commutable so it would mean not having to sell my house! I loved Leeds too and Cardiff was really cool too, but I'm pretty sure I'm just toying between Newcastle and Marjon now! BCU was my least favourite of them all, however they have the lowest entry requirements so they are the safe option for my insurance from that perspective! x
Original post by JordanC55
Well hopefully we're course mates next year!

Genuinely would be crushed if DMU reject me.

AH fingers crossed hey!!! DMU seemed really friendly and supportive! I enjoyed that interview so I am also really hoping to get an offer! Did you apply last year then?!
Aw thank you, i'm really feeling amazed and so proud of myself!

Haha :confused: I have no idea, I change my mind each day! I loved Newcastle, however Marjon is commutable so it would mean not having to sell my house! I loved Leeds too and Cardiff was really cool too, but I'm pretty sure I'm just toying between Newcastle and Marjon now! BCU was my least favourite of them all, however they have the lowest entry requirements so they are the safe option for my insurance from that perspective! x

You should be proud you have done amazing to get 4 offers so far!

Its a hard choice to have to make so take your time. Can't offer any words of wisdom as I only applied to Leeds last year out of your choices. But all said and done its SLT wherever you study it. It is wise to pick BCU as your insurance though - a lower offer and they seem more flexible than others come results day.

If its any comfort there are a lot of people who commute to Uni on my course so that maybe the most simple option.

Have fun making up your mind!
AH fingers crossed hey!!! DMU seemed really friendly and supportive! I enjoyed that interview so I am also really hoping to get an offer! Did you apply last year then?!

Yeah I loved the place and it's not stupidly far from home! When were you interviewed? No, I initially applied for and attained a place on a linguistics course because I didn't want to narrow my options down straight away.

Quick Reply

Latest