The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
I also got an interview for Sheffield on 13 January 😃
A mere 5 hours after they received my application, wow, that was fast!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have to say I thought Sheffield was the worst interview experience I had last year - they were not very forthcoming and at times seemed to be trying to put people off - a current student has commented earlier with similar points about their interview style. I also had the feeling that they were really looking for more mature applicants (I was doing my A levels at the time) as the emphasis seemed to be on your experience (which is limited at 17!). I would be interested to know what the ratio is between mature students and college leavers. They kept everyone waiting a long time too. I know its a good university but it didn't do it for me.

It wouldn't do if we all liked the same things and it goes to show that each uni has its own preferences too.

Good luck to everyone with interviews and I hope todays interviews at BCU went well.
Anyone else got an interview at BCU next Monday, 8th, I had to rearrange. How did everyone get on yesterday?
I can't believe how quickly the time as gone, I have my Manchester Met interview tomorrow, nervous as anything! Good luck to everyone who has an interview tomorrow, and I shall see you all there. :smile: hehe
Original post by nesca89
I can't believe how quickly the time as gone, I have my Manchester Met interview tomorrow, nervous as anything! Good luck to everyone who has an interview tomorrow, and I shall see you all there. :smile: hehe

I'm so nervous for man met tomorrow, it's my first interview! Arghh! X
Original post by Ellice97

It's horrible isn't it, but we will all be fine :smile:
Just received my questionnaire from Reading :biggrin: xxx
Original post by nesca89

Original post by Ellice97

Good luck for tomorrow - try not to worry it's all fairly relaxed!

I will be looking out for the nervous interviewees as I leave my last lecture of the day - what time does it all kick off?
Anyone who had a deadline of the 8th of December for reading questionnaire? Do you think they'll do some offers early like last year?!
Just got an offer from reading ahhh
Original post by eskimok1

Wow well done! Is this the first official offer of 2015 - very exciting.

Is it one of your preferred choices?

Hehehe that answers my question! Congrats:smile:
Original post by AmyPilot
Wow well done! Is this the first official offer of 2015 - very exciting.

Is it one of your preferred choices?

Aww thank you, it was my first choice so I'm so happy!!
Original post by Dancer32014
Hehehe that answers my question! Congrats:smile:

Haha looks like they're very early!!! Aw thank you, and good luck to you :-)
Do you guys know how many places there are at the different universities. (and rough number of applicants?
I'm applying for:0
- Birmingham City (i think there's 70...)
- Cardiff Met
- Reading
- De Montfort
- University Of St John and St Mark
Reply 535

Well done!!

Then its brilliant news! Is it conditional on A levels or do you have results etc already (don't like the label "mature" lol)?
Original post by AmyPilot
Then its brilliant news! Is it conditional on A levels or do you have results etc already (don't like the label "mature" lol)?

Haha! Yeah it's conditional, need AAB :smile: x
Original post by jisici
Well done!!

Thank you!:-)
Haha! Yeah it's conditional, need AAB :smile: x

Well at least you know what you are aiming for now but I remember the stress of applying, interviews then exams and waiting for results last year - I managed to convince myself that I had failed everything which thankfully did not turn out to be the case. What subjects are you taking?

Enjoy the moment! I noticed on the interview list you went for another interview today - how did that go?

Must stop stalking this thread .....

Quick Reply

Latest