The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SALT_2015
Woohoo!!! My UCAS application has been sent. Now comes the stress of checking Track every minute of the day whilst I wait for them to decide whether or not they want to send me an offer :s-smilie:

I sent my application off just over a week ago too... I visit track about 16 times a day haha. Even though I know they don't really start to make any changes for another month or so yet. It's really stressful isn't it! Fingers crossed for us all! x
Original post by nesca89
I sent my application off just over a week ago too... I visit track about 16 times a day haha. Even though I know they don't really start to make any changes for another month or so yet. It's really stressful isn't it! Fingers crossed for us all! x

My head keeps telling me to stop checking track because I know I'm not going to hear anything for ages, but I cant seem to stop myself hahaha.
Reply 102
Ahhh! good luck guys :smile:
Reply 103
i sent my application yesterday, sooo nervous already! i am also in the same boat as some people on here (mature student but also has a degree at 2.2) so i hope it doesn't affect my application! i've applied to DMU, man met, uni of manchester, reading and sheffield. Just wondering does anyone know if universities still interview even if you have all your A level results?
Reply 104
Yeah, interviewing would still happen!
Reply 105
I am a mature student applying too , is anyone here doing an access course ? most universities ask for alot of distinctions ! god ! its alot to do :frown:
Original post by Grace1Harley
Thank you! That's really reassuring, how are you finding the course so far?

Some modules are intrinsically harder than others (e.g. anatomy and phonetics), but I think a lot of it is just getting back into the swing of things and being realistic about how much secondary reading I can do. For instance, I have my first clinical observation tomorrow (it is marked as part of a portfolio due in January), but I have been more interested in reading stuff for an essay due next month which does not contribute towards my marks (i.e. formative practice essay)! :tongue:
I have just received an unsuccessful from Man Met! I am shocked as I have all the entry requirements and beyond. how annoying! just waiting for their feedback now x
Original post by MunaLee
I am a mature student applying too , is anyone here doing an access course ? most universities ask for alot of distinctions ! god ! its alot to do :frown:

I completed an access course last year and got 45 credits at distinction, it is a lot and its not easy... but it's also not as hard as you think :smile: x
Original post by nesca89
I have just received an unsuccessful from Man Met! I am shocked as I have all the entry requirements and beyond. how annoying! just waiting for their feedback now x

Oh my - never expected you to say that - thought you would get interview at the very least! Did you get an interview last time? Let us know what feedback you get. So sorry.
Original post by AmyPilot
Oh my - never expected you to say that - thought you would get interview at the very least! Did you get an interview last time? Let us know what feedback you get. So sorry.

I never had an interview last time because I only have a c at English gcse and not a b which was what they wanted. But the requirements have changed this year to a C. so I don't understand why they have rejected me! :frown: x
Reply 111
Original post by nesca89

so sorry to hear that as well! seems really strange :frown: makes me dread hearing anything back now as well
Reply 112
Original post by nesca89
I completed an access course last year and got 45 credits at distinction, it is a lot and its not easy... but it's also not as hard as you think :smile: x

really :smile: I hope so I am trying my best from the beginning, and bravo for you that is really impressive :wink: . its just some tutors dont want to give you the criteria for a distinction :frown: . do you have any tips on how to achieve the best ? it would be much appreciate :biggrin:
Reply 113
Original post by nesca89

sorry to hear that ! sometimes universities do weird decisions unexplainable ! on the other hand try to be optimistic :smile: you have more than what a lot of universities asked for :wink: maybe it is not meant to be :wink: just wait you dont know what is around the corner.
Original post by nesca89

So sorry to hear this! Did you make many changes to your PS?
Keeping my fingers doubly crossed for you, there's obviously a better uni out there for you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nesca89

So sorry to hear that, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I hope you hear something positive soon.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by MunaLee
really :smile: I hope so I am trying my best from the beginning, and bravo for you that is really impressive :wink: . its just some tutors dont want to give you the criteria for a distinction :frown: . do you have any tips on how to achieve the best ? it would be much appreciate :biggrin:

All I can really recommend is that you elaborate on everything in all your assignments and revise well for any exam :smile: Try to hand things in on time so you don't get bogged down. good luck :smile: xx

Original post by Butterfly9595
So sorry to hear this! Did you make many changes to your PS?
Keeping my fingers doubly crossed for you, there's obviously a better uni out there for you :smile:

thank you, I made a couple of changes but kept it similar as it was a good personal statement. Is that the wrong thing to do, should I have changed it completely? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nesca89
xx

I'm not sure tbh, perhaps they had looked at your PS the first time round and rejected you on that basis (along with the C grade)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Butterfly9595
I'm not sure tbh, perhaps they had looked at your PS the first time round and rejected you on that basis (along with the C grade)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

but now they only want a C and not a B so I've got all the entry requirements they want... goes to show how competitive the course is I suppose xx
Hi guys!
I thought I'd stop spying on the chat and actually join in :tongue:
I'm studying Biology, English Language, Psychology, History and studied Mandarin Chinese for 6 years :biggrin:
I've sent off my UCAS form and am so nervous already...especially as other courses are giving offers already! Need to learn to be patient :tongue:
My top choice would be Newcastle!
Just thought I'd say Hi and good luck to everyone :smile: xx

Quick Reply

Latest