The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nesca89
The listening test was short and fine lol. But the group interview just went awful for me! They didn't say when they were giving out decisions to be honest. Hopefully you'll hear very soon :smile:

Sure it was not as bad as you think - don't worry too much. It's probably not helping that you are playing the waiting game elsewhere too.

Did you like Leeds?

Keep smiling :smile:
Original post by nesca89
I've just had my Leeds interview. I personally feel like it went really bad and I don't stand a chance! Starting to reconsider my career. Again! Haha this is so stressful it's unreal.

I think it's really hard to assess how you've done, I'm sure you did better than you thought. Also, as you know different Uni's are looking for different qualities in people. Anyway, hopefully you will get one of your choices in Manchester in any case!
Original post by MrsMoonie
Rejected from BCU :frown:((

Posted from TSR Mobile

really sorry to hear that :frown: x
Original post by aderyn96
I just read an email from them that they sent at 11:31 last night inviting me to interview!! :smile: 2nd March! But it says to reply on track and my track hasn't been updated so I'm not sure what to do! Also does anyone know how long we spend at BCU over the full interview including the intro presentation etc?

Hey well done on the interview! when did you apply? im still waiting to hear and its driving me crazy.
Original post by AmyPilot
Sure it was not as bad as you think - don't worry too much. It's probably not helping that you are playing the waiting game elsewhere too.

Did you like Leeds?

Keep smiling :smile:

Yeah that's true. I just need an offer soon before I drive myself crazy haha. I like leeds city and the uni, it is nice but I still prefer Manchester :smile:
Original post by shropshirelass51
I think it's really hard to assess how you've done, I'm sure you did better than you thought. Also, as you know different Uni's are looking for different qualities in people. Anyway, hopefully you will get one of your choices in Manchester in any case!

Yeah it is hard I guess but I really do feel like I messed up. But at least I performed best at my Manchester ones :tongue:
Reply 1686
Just got a track update... Interviews at mmu and manchester uni! My top 2 choices!
Original post by Aah28
Just got a track update... Interviews at mmu and manchester uni! My top 2 choices!

Congrats! When are they?
Original post by Butterfly9595
You're in Norway, right? Could you maybe ask to do a skype/telephone interview seeing as you're so far away? I managed to organise a couple last year when I was working in Germany, as flights home were just extortionate!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh to be honest I hadnt thought it was possible. But hearing that you did it I should give it a try!
Did you have any problems getting the NHS funding after living abroad?
So sorry to hear that, dont let this to bring you down you will find something elsee x
Reply 1690
Thank you! Manchester - 11th Feb MMU - 18th Feb.
Original post by Aah28

Yaay congratulations :smile:
Original post by waddle_jl
Ooh to be honest I hadnt thought it was possible. But hearing that you did it I should give it a try!
Did you have any problems getting the NHS funding after living abroad?

If you mention how unreasonable the cost is they may just consider it :smile:
I only lived abroad very temporarily as I was on a Gap Year, so I didn't have an issue, but it probably varies on the situation...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nesca89
I've just had my Leeds interview. I personally feel like it went really bad and I don't stand a chance! Starting to reconsider my career. Again! Haha this is so stressful it's unreal.

Try not to worry- it's so hard to tell how these things actually went in hindsight! I thought my Newcastle interview was pretty mediocre and that Sheffield went way better, but then I ended up with an offer from the former and a rejection from the latter :wink: keeping everything crossed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all, to those who have interviews coming up this week and next I hope they go fabulous! To all those that are waiting for offers, here's to hoping that you here something positive very soon. Sometimes I feel so excited by this whole process, and other times completely deflated! Today I'm having a good day lol!!!
Original post by JaaySLT
Hi all, to those who have interviews coming up this week and next I hope they go fabulous! To all those that are waiting for offers, here's to hoping that you here something positive very soon. Sometimes I feel so excited by this whole process, and other times completely deflated! Today I'm having a good day lol!!!

I'm with you on that. Today is a bad day for me! I'm so stressed after yesterday's interview. But hopefully it will be good news hehe.
Has anyone else got an interview for DMU on Feb 24th?
Original post by nesca89
I'm with you on that. Today is a bad day for me! I'm so stressed after yesterday's interview. But hopefully it will be good news hehe.

Don't worry nesca, 'what's done is done'...although that's much easier said than done! I've read on last years thread, and even this years that many people who think they totally flunked their interview ended up with offers to their surprise, so that's going to happen to you-mark this post!!
hey everyone, was wondering if someone can help me I have two interview coming in two different cities in same date same time :O I am totally confused on what to do. I was first offered an interview at Birmingham so I straight away accepted so not sure what to tell the other university ?? can i tell them I have another interview that I cant change ! or would that be no no thing ?
Original post by MunaLee
hey everyone, was wondering if someone can help me I have two interview coming in two different cities in same date same time :O I am totally confused on what to do. I was first offered an interview at Birmingham so I straight away accepted so not sure what to tell the other university ?? can i tell them I have another interview that I cant change ! or would that be no no thing ?

Hi Muna! If I were you, I'd get in touch with the other university, and explain to them that you have another interview on the same day. They'll almost definitely make alternate arrangements for you - they'll probably just invite you along to another interview day on another date. I know that a few people on this thread have had interviews reorganised because of clashes, and it's happened with my friend on another course too. As long as you're truthful in your reason for not being able to attend this other interview (i.e. that you have a Birmingham interview), then everything should be fine. Good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest