Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

people say i should be a model, but i have too many stretchmarks and scars Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    would this hinder my chances?

ReputationRep:
    Model for primark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Model for primark
    nah, i'd rather not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Random254)
    nah, i'd rather not
    In all honesty, If you're 5ft8+ , good jawline and slim, you've got a good chance. 99% of the models we see are photo shopped anyway so scars and stretch marks are not really a huge problem.

ReputationRep:
    Where are these marks?

All photos of models are air brushed/shopped beyond recognition these days anyway. If your key facial features/figure is good they will probably not mind all that much, who knows.

Only way to know is to try.

ReputationRep:
    model for Walmart

ReputationRep:
    As long as you have the height, bone structure and body type the scars and stretch marks don't matter. They photo shop those things out. No models have perfect skin.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You could still model with scars and stretch marks so long as you are tall enough. Though even still don't be under the illusion that modelling is an easy career to get into.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Random254)
    would this hinder my chances?
    depends what your modelling for.

also it doesn't really matter.

you're modelling. its how the garment fits you first and how you carry your self and engage with the camera.

depends on the scar.
    stretch marks not a problem. that can be photoshopped.

but a big scar down the side of your face... no.

ReputationRep:
    OP I'd say go for it. I'm pretty sure most models, even though they seem flawless probably have imperfections so don't let anything you have put you off

Like the other posters said various editing and makeup techniques are used so it should be an easily rectifiable issue

ReputationRep:
    You can send me some private shots and I'll give my honest girl to girl opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Kate Moss)
    You can send me some private shots and I'll give my honest girl to girl opinion
    :rofl:

In all seriousness though OP, it never hurts to try! If you've ticked all the other boxes then a few scars or so won't/shouldn't hinder you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.