Turn on thread page Beta

How did every1 find the CPT4 today?

I thought that it was much harder than Jan 2002,2003 and June 2002. Some of the topics asked about we hadnt even learnt. Bloody teachers!!

p.s. why are fixed point better than floating point in some situations???

I thought this exam was much easier than any of the other past papers I have done.

At least it didnt have any algorithms to put data through, and they didnt ask us to make an algorithm either.

I reckon it went quite well. It was much easier than CPT5. That question about the NHS in CPT5 was really strange. Took me about 5 minutes to figure out 1 question.

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by Unregistered
    That question about the NHS in CPT5 was really strange. Took me about 5 minutes to figure out 1 question.
    aye .. that question on the NHS was a bit unexpected .. lotsa waffling in there, but other than that, pretty much standard computing stuff IMO.

Rob

all i can say is thank sweet baby jesus, from what i revised and understood, it was soooo easy, infact , i think it may have been too easy, and when i get my results back i wont be too surprised to see a big fat X on it. but still me saying its easy just meant i was lucky enough to have read the write pages last night in revision :-P

peace out

QUOTE: p.s. why are fixed point better than floating point in some situations???

I just said that not all CPUs have a floating point unit, and that fixed point is faster to calculate.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 16, 2003
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.