Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Hey i'm a bi guy and looking for other guys to have casual sex encounters. I just wanted to know is the whole idea safe? Would love your opinion guys
    Offline

    9
    ReputationRep:
    Meeting a complete stranger will always carry an element of risk, I wouldn't recommend it personally but if you want to go ahead with it just ensure you take some precautions, for e.g.

    1) Asking to meet in a public place before hand (lots of catfishes out there!)

    2) Letting a friend or relative know where you will be and how long you're expecting to be gone for

    3) Consider booking a room at a hotel or hostel. I know it's expensive but it could be dangerous going over to a strangers place and it could also be dangerous inviting a stranger in to your home

    4) Use protection! This is the most important one, you can never be too sure what the other person has been up to and don't do anything you aren't comfortable doing

    There are also apps dedicated to finding no strings attached casual fun, grindr is used mostly by gay men
    • #1
    #1

    I'm a straight guy trying to find a girl on Craigslist (by replying to their ad's on casual encounters) and despite persistence and being tall and muscular (with pictures to back up my claim), I have not yet had any success.

    Some 90% of the ad's are very obviously fake, those are easy to filter out. The remaining 10% are I'd say half fakers/scammers who have put in some effort (so I don't filter them out immediately) and half who actually seem to be real.

    With those who are real, mostly you won't ever get a reply (which is unsurprising, internet dating is a game of numbers for the guys) and the rest reply to an email or two and then just disappear. I've only had one woman who I talked to seem actually genuine and up for it but then I backed out as she was a bit too fat for my liking.

    Craigslist ad's are addictive but mostly a waste of time and you never know who's on the other end.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad
    Offline

    19
    ReputationRep:
    As a bi guy myself, I wouldn't risk it with Craigslist. Even if the person is not a catfish, who knows how clean they are, down there?
    Offline

    18
    ReputationRep:
    Probably better off on grindr though I have no experience with that or craigslist
 
 
 
Reply
Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.