Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I finished 6 Olevels (4A*, 1 A, and 1 B) and 2 Alevels (A in math and C in bio) and still doing two more; psychology and IT.
    I participated in a speech competition and won 1st place, and also just got out of a gap year- I went to Germany and took 9 months of intensive german courses and can now officially speak german-
    I still haven't done my SATs but I did get 99 on TOEFL iBT.

My brother keeps saying my chances are low, which is why my confidence dropped significantly.

ReputationRep:
    Moved to Studying in North America.

ReputationRep:
    There are loads of universities and colleges in America. For the very top ones, anybody's chances are low, near zero in some cases. But for the rest, you do have a good chance, especially if you have the $$$ to pay for the tuition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadamaalej)
    So I finished 6 Olevels (4A*, 1 A, and 1 B) and 2 Alevels (A in math and C in bio) and still doing two more; psychology and IT.
    I participated in a speech competition and won 1st place, and also just got out of a gap year- I went to Germany and took 9 months of intensive german courses and can now officially speak german-
    I still haven't done my SATs but I did get 99 on TOEFL iBT.

My brother keeps saying my chances are low, which is why my confidence dropped significantly.
    It depends where and what you want to study.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.