Abdo332
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
hey guys. I'm an international student from Syria whose going to take his A Levels this year. I am going to take three fast track A Levels as that's how our school organizes it. I'll be doing Maths,Economics and History. My question is will I be able to cope with self studying history? I'm taking both AS & A2 in May/June. How hard will it be? I love history and do not mind all the reading and memorizing..the only thing nagging at me is the essay technique. I'm not particularly great at writing essays and the A Level essays I've read so far have been so fantastic that I've been thoroughly convinced I won't be able to do it. Is it THAT hard? My goal is to achieve at least a B. Any advice would be helpful. PS: I'd have all the books that I need however I won't have any teacher to guide me and assign/mark essays :l
Seb_back2back
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's doable but a little tough. My college has an "accelerated intake" where students take two A level subjects, usually Law and History or Law and Economics in 11 months. Like you, they sit for the AS and A2 exams together. Although students describe it as "mind-bogglingly tough", some of them have done pretty well in the exams, scoring As and Bs.

That being said, not having a teacher to guide you and mark your essays is definitely going to be a disadvantage, I myself take History and I believe that guidance is absolutely necessary in order to do well. My two cents.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (56)
17.28%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (92)
28.4%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (121)
37.35%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.58%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.4%

Watched Threads