Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I understand Imperial has no teaching Wednesday afternoons to allow time for sport, but is that just for undergrad or does it include taught postgrad courses as well?

I'm trying to figure out when I may have free for work-as I need to sort out a transfer with my job well in advance-and it would be a big help if I had Wednesday afternoons off (as I can get in an 8 hour shift then instead of at the weekend which I want free for doing uni work).

Does anyone know what the case is?

ReputationRep:
    Wednesday afternoon is not lecture free on my postgraduate course. (Civil engineering)

Which course are you taking? If it is in any way like the one I am doing I would strongly recommend not working whilst studying. This is coming from someone who worked 15-20 hrs per week on average throughout highschool and undergraduate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentdk)
    Wednesday afternoon is not lecture free on my postgraduate course. (Civil engineering)

Which course are you taking? If it is in any way like the one I am doing I would strongly recommend not working whilst studying. This is coming from someone who worked 15-20 hrs per week on average throughout highschool and undergraduate.
    It's a biology course. I'm very sure it's a bad idea to work, but I'm not doing it for the fun of it or for any sort of 'extra' money.

Unless some surprise money turns up between now and September, I have to work to cover my living costs )and by that I mean literally rent and food). But I know it's not the best which is why I want to keep my hours down and try and arrange them in such a way that I free up as much time elsewhere as possible.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.