Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    what is it like bing a bridesmaid?
    iv never bean one befor what do you have to do wen you are one?
    how can i get picked as a bridesmaid?

ReputationRep:
    Depends a lot on the bride and they style of wedding they are having. Things you may have to do are: -

• Go shopping with the bride for bridesmaid dresses, shoes, jewellery etc
    • Go wedding dress shopping with the bride
    • Help the bride out with other aspects of wedding planning e.g. making invitations/craft items
    • Help the bride prepare the wedding venue the day before/morning of the wedding
    • Plan the hen party
    • Help the bride get ready
    • Wear a nice dress, have make-up etc done and walk down the aisle with the bride
    • Have lots of nice photos taken with the wedding party
    • Generally assist the bride throughout the day, make sure she has everything she needs, take her to the toilet if needed (it's bloody hard to go for a wee in a wedding dress!)
    • Possibly make a speech (usually only the chief bridesmaid and even then it's not always done)

I'm sure there are other things, but I can't think of them right now. Not all bridesmaids will have to do all those things - mine didn't.

As for how to get picked - have some good female friends/relatives who decide to get married and cross your fingers!

ReputationRep:
    thanks that is real help full
    althow it is maid harder for me as i am a guy trying to become a bridesmaid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by odon)
    thanks that is real help full
    althow it is maid harder for me as i am a guy trying to become a bridesmaid
    Yeah, that may be problematic. More likely to be an usher for your male friends/relatives. I have seen one or two "bridesmen" but it's pretty rare. Why are you so keen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Yeah, that may be problematic. More likely to be an usher for your male friends/relatives. I have seen one or two "bridesmen" but it's pretty rare. Why are you so keen?
    im ceak becase i cross dress and dont have a change to do it with familey and i feal as thow i have mised out on uther opachonateys

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.