Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Has anyone ever considered living in a tent whilst at uni? Watch

ReputationRep:
    it would be alot cheaper

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Wow, sound like a great idea!
    I'd love to use the gym showers and loos, get trampled by people returning from nights out, be freezing in winter and roasting in summer, have no space for my stuff, get attacked by bugs and have no desk to work at or electricity to power my laptop

Being serious now, it would be cheap but completely impractical and I'd imagine most unis wouldn't let you just camp out on campus!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie_p)
    Wow, sound like a great idea!
    I'd love to use the gym showers and loos, get trampled by people returning from nights out, be freezing in winter and roasting in summer, have no space for my stuff, get attacked by bugs and have no desk to work at or electricity to power my laptop

Being serious now, it would be cheap but completely impractical and I'd imagine most unis wouldn't let you just camp out on campus!
    Trailer tent solves basically all those problems and so long as it isn't a urban uni it'll be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Would be even cheaper living with my parents, free heating, free food, free tv, free chauffeur etc

I'm not made for the tent life :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    A tent would be a nightmare for that length of time.

I did contemplate living in a knackered caravan, but finding a suitable location with water/electric in a city centre would be difficult.

ReputationRep:
    As long as there is Wi-Fi and somewhere to charge my phone, I would be happy with that.

ReputationRep:
    you people cant rough out anything heaven forbid there was a zombie apocalypse.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Funny enough, there was a really strange guy from our university who slept in a tent.
    and he would ask people at night if they wanted to sleep with him... :confused:

As long as you don't do that, I think it's a pretty good idea. Not great when it's raining though. I would live in a tent but not alone, too boring xD

ReputationRep:
    I'm always cold so that wouldn't be a good idea

ReputationRep:
    I'd joke about it when I was having trouble finding a place to live but never actually did it
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    There's only so much tent life I can take
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I did actually consider this when going to my first university. The campus was very green, so I thought it would be a nice place to put up a tent. Also figured it would be cheaper! I don't think I was being entirely serious. Of course when it came round to it, I ended up in halls.

ReputationRep:
    Someone at my university did advertise a yurt for 200/pm…

ReputationRep:
    Probably will do when I get round to uni. Everything is just SO expensive! Better off getting a tent from tescos and setting up home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gorwell)
    Probably will do when I get round to uni. Everything is just SO expensive! Better off getting a tent from tescos and setting up home.
    Get a teepee :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldtippedarrows)
    Get a teepee :3
    Omg shall we teepee share? Split the costs and that x

ReputationRep:
    Omg shall we teepee share? Split the costs and that x
    Done! Living la vida festival but at uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldtippedarrows)
    Done! Living la vida festival but at uni
    Sounds like a great plan! We'll salvage for food in the bins, drink water from the streams of England and use fresh flowers that are planted around campus for deodarant.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose if you're somewhere with a warmer climate it might be OK-ish for a while.

Some friends of mine lived on a canal boat in years 2 and 3, it was very nice and cosy. :love:

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a great plan! We'll salvage for food in the bins, drink water from the streams of England and use fresh flowers that are planted around campus for deohdarant.
    We sorted. :cool:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.