Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

100D100T : D33 saddest film you've watched lately Watch

ReputationRep:
    The saddest film that I have watched lately would probably be Anastasia. Probably because I know in the end the grand duchess Anastasia doesn't have a happy ending....

Spoiler:
    Show
    :cry::sad::cry2:

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't watched any sad movies lately, but I was rewatching the Lego Movie a couple of days ago and my television deicded to turn off just after Emmett got captured by Bad Cop, so I guess that's sad in a way

Also, I had a strange feeling earlier that you would forget to do a thread today. Apparently I do not have ESP. Good to know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by syrettd)
    I haven't watched any sad movies lately, but I was rewatching the Lego Movie a couple of days ago and my television deicded to turn off just after Emmett got captured by Bad Cop, so I guess that's sad in a way

Also, I had a strange feeling earlier that you would forget to do a thread today. Apparently I do not have ESP. Good to know.
    :laugh: I have surpassed your expectations XD
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    How To Train Your Dragon. It had a few sad scenes but ultimately had a happy ending. My bf even welled up at the sad scenes. Not seen the second one yet.
    I watched My Sister's Keeper for the first time recently as well and that was really sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasmin25)
    How To Train Your Dragon. It had a few sad scenes but ultimately had a happy ending. My bf even welled up at the sad scenes. Not seen the second one yet.
    I watched My Sister's Keeper for the first time recently as well and that was really sad.
    Yea my sister's keeper was sad, we watched it in class before. I don;t think anyone left the class without having been teary eyed that day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flou_fboco2)
    The saddest film that I have watched lately would probably be Anastasia. Probably because I know in the end the grand duchess Anastasia doesn't have a happy ending....

Spoiler:
    Show

What about you?
    wait but the film has a happy ending at least :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qewrtyu)
    wait but the film has a happy ending at least :confused:
    but I know it's a lie

ReputationRep:
    but I know it's a lie
    hmm well the whole Anastasia conspiracy thing is just weird anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qewrtyu)
    hmm well the whole Anastasia conspiracy thing is just weird anyway
    :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Prince of Egypt. A really underrated film imo. Pretty heavy for a kids' film, with slavery and brutality and stuff, and everyone suffers. The music is beautiful. If a film is going to move me it has to have incredible music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lanfan)
    Prince of Egypt. A really underrated film imo. Pretty heavy for a kids' film, with slavery and brutality and stuff, and everyone suffers. The music is beautiful. If a film is going to move me it has to have incredible music.
    I remember this! Oh man, getting all the sad parts flashing through my mind at once! I may go listen to some of the songs now.

ReputationRep:
    Requiem for a Dream.

There was a hot night last week where I was struggling to get to sleep, so I decided to watch a film while I waited for my room to cool down. Typed in 'dream' into IMDb, because that's what I wanted to be doing. Requiem for a Dream popped up. I knew of the song, and the film had a very good rating according to IMDb, so, without looking at the plot summary, I just went ahead and watched it.

If anything, it made it harder to sleep that night.

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

What about you?
    Joe

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I watched The Magnificent Seven yesterday and it's got a pretty touching ending.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Steel Magnolias. It was funny all throughout the film but the ending was both sad and touching.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Homeward Bound

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Watched Good Will Hunting for the first time in the wake of Robin Williams' death. Masterpiece.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    The Notebook. Me and my partner watched it for the first time last night and we were both in tears at the end. Its the first time I've ever seen him full on crying his eyes out at a film before.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Probably looks like all I ever watch is sad movies thanks to my posts on this thread! Haha

How To Train Your Dragon 2

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 18, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.