Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, if anyone could let me know what the proper attire is for the test that would be great. I imagine chino's, shirt + tie is the way to go but not exactly sure as the info pack wasn't exactly clear on this subject. Any help you could give me would be appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    If in doubt; suit.

And you really don't need to post about it several times. Once is enough.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!!

I'm sorry, I posted the first as a reply but wasn't sure if anyone would see it so started my own thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtooley100)
    Thank you!!

I'm sorry, I posted the first as a reply but wasn't sure if anyone would see it so started my own thread.
    But they're both in the same forum, right next to one another. It's impossible to see one and not the other...

ReputationRep:
    I think you'd look out of place if you didn't wear a suit. After all, it is at Cranwell, home of RAF Officer training. Plus from what I've read, a suit is the norm.

ReputationRep:
    Actually I didn't wear a suit the first time for my AST afterall it is test not an interview, I understand impressions count so don't wear anything to outgoing. I just wore a plain shirt and smart/casual trousers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deepz24)
    Actually I didn't wear a suit the first time for my AST afterall it is test not an interview, I understand impressions count so don't wear anything to outgoing. I just wore a plain shirt and smart/casual trousers.
    FATs =/= ASTs, they are different things.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.