Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I found the best way to choose universities was to either visit them or talk to students, so if you went to or know about any of these universities your opinion would be welcome. Atmosphere, teaching style, finance, nightlife, course quality.... personal opinions

Nottingham
    York
    Exeter/Penryn
    SOAS
    Leeds
    Durham
    Newcastle
    Sheffield
    King's College
    Edinburgh
    Sussex
    Leicster
    Lancaster
    Keele
    Royal Holloway

I know some arent russel, but they are supposed to be highly rated!
    Sorry there are so many

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't study Geography there but as for the university in general, I go to Sheffield and I absolutely love it. Such an amazing uni with such a great family atmosphere, there's never any trouble, the Union is fantastic with so many different societies (literally hundreds). As for the city, big enough to have everything you want including a huge shopping centre, but small enough to easily feel like home.
    Watch this video and it sums Sheffield up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18HuHM6jDKU

ReputationRep:
    I'm going into my second year at Exeter's Penryn Campus, and I would highly recommend it if you are searching for a smaller and friendlier campus. There is only 1 club in Falmouth (club I), but most of the big and best events are held on campus in the Stannary bar. The student union are great with the events, and there are plenty of volunteering opportunities to get involved in. Students are hired on campus in the shop, bar, and for ambassador roles. Teaching seems to be more relaxed here and some of the lecturers can be quite funny. Accommodation is either Glasney or the Sidings. I stayed in Glasney and it's by far the best accommodation around! Also - the beach is a quick train/bus journey away!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.