Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Some people may be wondering what the Middle East Peace Envoy is up to.... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Gaza this week.

The Middle East Peace Envoy (and his charming wife) this week. It was Cherie's 60th, so that comes first.

I'm not normally that big on the Mail, but they nailed it with this one.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ses-1-000.html

Blair's Peace Envoy role costs UK taxpayers £400,000 a year.

Hasn't the time now come to dump this greedy self-serving and self-deluding **** and find someone to do the job who really cares about it?

ReputationRep:
    He's a ****. Wouldn't be opposed to capital punishment being brought back for this man.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WWDMD)
    He's a ****. Wouldn't be opposed to capital punishment being brought back for this man.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There should be a thorough and wide ranging police investigation into corrupt acts involving him and his ministers during his period in office, I can't believe that anyone as greedy as him wasn't breaking the law for advantage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    find someone to do the job who really cares about it?
    While I'm not indifferent to the wish... do you actually believe that there is anyone who could make a difference in that region? The solutions are coming to come from within, not without.

ReputationRep:
    Put it this way, the media wants you to believe their agenda that suits them and brain wash you all.
    This is why this news isn't everywhere.

Just hang him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    While I'm not indifferent to the wish... do you actually believe that there is anyone who could make a difference in that region? The solutions are coming to come from within, not without.
    Anyone is more credible than a ****ing war criminal!

ReputationRep:
    £400,000 a year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kumon)
    Anyone is more credible than a ****ing war criminal!
    Yawn. Learn to read. That's not what I'm saying. The position itself is pointless. There's nothing that anybody from outside the region can do that will make a difference.

ReputationRep:
    What an absolute joke and an insult that this man is made a peace envoy for the very region he helped to destabilise in the first place. Why do we continue to let these elite monsters at the top get away with mocking us like this?

ReputationRep:
    Israelis at the whim of Western (namely USA) support. If the US wanted to it could control Israel and force it to take a different approach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Isreal is at the whim of Western (namely USA) support. If the US wanted to it could control Isreal and force it to take a different approach.
    But they're never going to.

The only way this is ever going to become an amicable situation is if the actors in the region do something, and basically ignoring outsiders. Because of that, any position like Blair's is always going to be pointless.

ReputationRep:
    I think someone inspired, dedicated and with backing from the US and other leading powers, whilst they in no way could decide things, might be able to have some effect. It would be hard to find anyone worse than Blair for the role.

It probably needs two determined negotiators, one from the Arab world who Hamas can respect and one from the US with influence. A third person could fill the Blair role and act as go-between and arranger, but as Blair now has not zero, but negative global respect, he should be replaced by someone appointed by the UN and acceptable to Israel, the US and the Palestinians.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greenlaner)
    What an absolute joke and an insult that this man is made a peace envoy for the very region he helped to destabilise in the first place. Why do we continue to let these elite monsters at the top get away with mocking us like this?
    Exactly. I think as British people, we are being humiliated by having this creature strutting and preening on the international stage as if he somehow represents us. I find it so offensive that he pops up on international news channels. I think the BBC in particular should stop handing him the microphone for this job, since he visibly isn't doing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    I think someone inspired, dedicated and with backing from the US and other leading powers, whilst they in no way could decide things, might be able to have some effect. It would be hard to find anyone worse than Blair for the role.

It probably needs two determined negotiators, one from the Arab world who Hamas can respect and one from the US with influence. A third person could fill the Blair role and act as go-between and arranger, but as Blair now has not zero, but negative global respect, he should be replaced by someone appointed by the UN and acceptable to Israel, the US and the Palestinians.
    That's actually not true. While it's true that he's mostly despised here, he's still got a high profile in a number of places, not least of which is the US.

But no, I still doubt that any outsider is going to have the clout it'll take. It's going to have to be someone, probably religious leaders, from within the region. Certainly not the UN though, everybody knows they're toothless.

ReputationRep:
    But they're never going to.
    I know, but they should. Dead Palestinian blood is on our hands as we can massively influence what they do. Hamas is out of our control.

The only way this is ever going to become an amicable situation is if the actors in the region do something, and basically ignoring outsiders. Because of that, any position like Blair's is always going to be pointless.
    Here I agree. Those with the real power our in the background. Blair is just a self serving manager for those with the real power. For the likes of Blair and the people he works for democracy lies in the market place, not with politicians or people.

ReputationRep:
    I suspect David Cameron and Ed Milliband regard it as good value for money and if this could not be funded out of the public purse they would organise a collection in the House of Commons to raise £400K a year to keep him from sticking his nose into British politics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nulli tertius)
    I suspect David Cameron and Ed Milliband regard it as good value for money and if this could not be funded out of the public purse they would organise a collection in the House of Commons to raise £400K a year to keep him from sticking his nose into British politics.
    I think even Blair has sufficient capacity for self-reflection to realise that he's not the most popular person in the UK, but he nevertheless pops up fairly often to prognosticate (particularly on the Beeb), perhaps to stick two fingers up to 'PR Dave' and No-Selfies Ed, if that is the cunning plan.

ReputationRep:
    Yawn. Learn to read. That's not what I'm saying. The position itself is pointless. There's nothing that anybody from outside the region can do that will make a difference.
    Are you purposely and ignorant person? Money and media can make a huge difference, depends how you use it and not on parties.

ReputationRep:
    Such a joke, Middle East Peace Envoy? The guy who invaded Iraq? What a joke. All he cares about is pleasing his Zionist masters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kumon)
    Are you purposely and ignorant person? Money and media can make a huge difference, depends how you use it and not on parties.
    They can help, but they won't fix it.

The only ways the problems over there are going to be solved is if people in those places make them get solved. We can help out and give them the tools to help out, but unless they have the will to do something, our intervention is entirely pointless, no matter what the form it takes.

If they don't have that will - and all evidence thus far suggests they don't - then nothing will happen.

Stop looking at it through emotional eyes and look at it with logic.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.