The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Freshers/Induction week?

Hello, everyone!I was just looking through the university schedule for 2014/2015, and I have some questions that I hope someone will be able to answer.Is Freshers week the same as Induction week? Do students need to pay in order to attend it? I recently received my unconditional offer (finally!) so I'm sorry for the silly questions, I'm just still overwhelmed :smile:
Original post by dessie_t
Hello, everyone!I was just looking through the university schedule for 2014/2015, and I have some questions that I hope someone will be able to answer.Is Freshers week the same as Induction week? Do students need to pay in order to attend it? I recently received my unconditional offer (finally!) so I'm sorry for the silly questions, I'm just still overwhelmed :smile:

22nd-26th September 2014 is Welcome Week ("freshers' week"). Your School/Department might also call it 'induction week' because it's when you'll register with them, choose any optional modules, get handbooks sorted, perhaps meet personal tutor, etc.

It's included in your tuition fees :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by DarkWhite
22nd-26th September 2014 is Welcome Week ("freshers' week"). Your School/Department might also call it 'induction week' because it's when you'll register with them, choose any optional modules, get handbooks sorted, perhaps meet personal tutor, etc.

It's included in your tuition fees :smile:

Thank you so much for the explanation! :smile:
Reply 3
You still have to pay for drinks, of course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending