Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I've won a holiday at work for next month for two and will be going with a friend.

It's only £500 allowance so anything I'm excess of that we'll have to pay ourselves. We are set on eastern Europe as it is cheap and the girls are perfect. We're thinking Bulgaria but we have been before. Anyone have any suggestions? I'd prefer somewhere new as long as it's as good as or better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jebedee)
    So I've won a holiday at work for next month for two and will be going with a friend.

It's only £500 allowance so anything I'm excess of that we'll have to pay ourselves. We are set on eastern Europe as it is cheap and the girls are perfect. We're thinking Bulgaria but we have been before. Anyone have any suggestions? I'd prefer somewhere new as long as it's as good as or better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congratulations. That is fantastic that you have won just a great prize. I haven't been to Eastern Europe but know that most holidays are cheap there. The greek islands are good and greek food is just delicious. It really depends what you want to do on your holiday. Is it a beach holiday you are after or something like a city break? Can you take it any time as at the moment prices are sky high with the school holidays and £500 will just not stretch to 2 people. Tenerife and Turkey are also lovely and reasonabley priced.

Enjoy yourselves where ever you end up going.

ReputationRep:
    Butan,

they measure their GDP in happiness. However if you want to go there you will need permission from the king.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kutie Karen)
    Congratulations. That is fantastic that you have won just a great prize. I haven't been to Eastern Europe but know that most holidays are cheap there. The greek islands are good and greek food is just delicious. It really depends what you want to do on your holiday. Is it a beach holiday you are after or something like a city break? Can you take it any time as at the moment prices are sky high with the school holidays and £500 will just not stretch to 2 people. Tenerife and Turkey are also lovely and reasonabley priced.

Enjoy yourselves where ever you end up going.
    Both city and beach ideally but no real preference as such. It would have to be in august as I'm off to Asia early Sept and on a weekend really so I don't miss work. Wouldn't consider Tenerife as it's just full of British people and that's exactly what I want to avoid. My main choices would be Bulgaria, Serbia, Romania, Hungary, Russia. Shame Ukraine is out of question at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    I'd recommend Bulgaria, infact, I'm possibly going there next year! However, I'm going for Sunny Beach so it may not be for the same type of reasons!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats! If you've already done Bulgaria you could try the Croatian, Turkish or Greek coasts. There are also some cool cities like Dubrovnik and Istanbul

ReputationRep:
    Porec in Croatia is very beautiful and the beaches are incredible.

ReputationRep:
    Go Blackpool! It's absolutely amazing.

JK. Try Iceland if that fits in the budget. One of the most astonishing natural beauty places on Earth without being too far away. Rent a car and go around the country visitting waterfalls, go whale watching, mountains, volcanoes, Blue Lagoon, Geysers...

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Italy would also be a good idea eg Venice and Amalfi. Do you mind if I ask where you won it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rick M)
    Italy would also be a good idea eg Venice and Amalfi. Do you mind if I ask where you won it?
    They sound more like couples destinations, I would prefer to stick to slavic countries ideally Sure, a sales company I work for held a July sales incentive. I technically haven't won it yet but I'm so far ahead it is safe to say it is mine.

ReputationRep:
    They sound more like couples destinations, I would prefer to stick to slavic countries ideally Sure, a sales company I work for held a July sales incentive. I technically haven't won it yet but I'm so far ahead it is safe to say it is mine.
    Nice, that's really lucky.
    In that case (Slavic) I'd go for Croatia. Great beaches and towns and young tourists from across Europe. Can't go wrong there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rick M)
    Nice, that's really lucky.
    In that case (Slavic) I'd go for Croatia. Great beaches and towns and young tourists from across Europe. Can't go wrong there
    Lucky that they did the incentive, no luck involved in my win . Just booked Bucharest anyway!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.